Has Anyone Experienced These Side Effects When Applying Minoxidil (for Beard Growth In Particular)

Regulate

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I used Minoxidil 5% for two months on my face, to enhance my beard growth. I've experienced very dark cirlces under my eyes (like seriously, even if I wouldn't sleep for 7 days straight they wouldn't be as dark as they are now) and a lot of extra hair growth on the rest of my body, like on my knuckles and chest etc.

Has anyone experienced the same? Quite weird imo, I just applied a little bit on my f*****g beard for two months lol.

username1

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply Minoxidil on my scalp but I have noticed unwanted hair growing on my face and my body. I have also noticed that my face looks darker than before but I'm sure you will hear from a lot of people on this forum saying that dark circles have nothing to do with using Minoxidil. Based on my experience my face does look darker. Specially around my eyes. After 9 months of using Minoxidil I haven't seen any improvement so I'm planning to stop Minoxidil in 3 months and then I can see if my skin is going to look better after.

Regulate

My Regimen
Reaction score
I apply Minoxidil on my scalp but I have noticed unwanted hair growing on my face and my body. I have also noticed that my face looks darker than before but I'm sure you will hear from a lot of people on this forum saying that dark circles have nothing to do with using Minoxidil. Based on my experience my face does look darker. Specially around my eyes. After 9 months of using Minoxidil I haven't seen any improvement so I'm planning to stop Minoxidil in 3 months and then I can see if my skin is going to look better after.
Yeah bro, Minoxidil can be a disaster for your face apparently... I quit the minoxidil, lets hope for some improvement... :)