Has anyone ever used a clip-on hair system?

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only use tape, and I like it a lot. So, I have no advice. A friend of mine doesn’t want to shave his head, and likes the idea of clips. He’s ok with just wearing it during the day and taking it off before bed. The question is this: will it destroy the hair it’s attached to, even if he takes it off at night? He said if he feels comfortable with it for about a year, he’ll switch to tape or glue.

Jbalding

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
They do not look good. You need that front bonded down, the hair has to be shaved for that to happen.

As far as the sides go - im sure it would be fine. It is not going to be as comfortable as any real hair system will.

You would probably be better off convincing him to shave off the area he's trying to hide, or to just tell him to not do it at all.

Smidgeon

My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed, whilst looking through a companies youtube yesterday, a dude with a weird piece that had poly, lace, clips and all sorts lol. But im pretty sure any company could do him a custom piece like that. Just use the video below to send to a local vendor or Lavivid/etc to give them an idea of what he is after.

Here is one of his videos but there were like 4 or so on that channel. His hair, without the piece, doesn't look any better than it would if he had the usual Friar Tuck circle so not quite sure why he'd pick such a complex piece. But you're right in that perhaps he is like your friend and just wants to remove it each day and doesn't like tape/glue or has an allergy.

Last edited:

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I noticed, whilst looking through a companies youtube yesterday, a dude with a weird piece that had poly, lace, clips and all sorts lol. But im pretty sure any company could do him a custom piece like that. Just use the video below to send to a local vendor or Lavivid/etc to give them an idea of what he is after.

Here is one of his videos but there were like 4 or so on that channel. His hair, without the piece, doesn't look any better than it would if he had the usual Friar Tuck circle so not quite sure why he'd pick such a complex piece. But you're right in that perhaps he is like your friend and just wants to remove it each day and doesn't like tape/glue or has an allergy.

Yeah, that’s exactly what he’s looking to do. He’s just worried about losing bio hair if it’s on for 8-10 hours.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Aren't clips worse for bio hair than glue?
Oh my Goddess. Glue? I got wide masking tape once in my hair, via a "hilarious" frat prank and it was a disaster pulling out. I should have cut it out. I pray for better solutions for all of us, my friend.

Last edited: