Has anyone ever quit minoxidil then re-started it?

G

Has anyone ever quit minoxidil for 4 or 5 months then re-started it again after a massive shed?

Is it as effective the 2nd time round as it was the 1st?

- and will all the minoxidil reliant hairs that have shed in that time, come back?

Anyone have any experience in this situation?

Thx for the answers to my below question btw.

fallout

Reaction score
Used 2% minoxidil for 7 years with first 5-6 very effective. stopped because of minimal benefit after that point. Returned two years later and it gave me a short term benefit. that was over two years ago. Have struggled since thewith slow, but constant loss.

ShedMaster

Reaction score
fallout said:
Used 2% minoxidil for 7 years with first 5-6 very effective. stopped because of minimal benefit after that point. Returned two years later and it gave me a short term benefit. that was over two years ago. Have struggled since thewith slow, but constant loss.

at the very least you should jump to 5%. Most on here, in fact, start with 5% from the get go. If you had good results from 2% then you should get some very good results from 5. After that they have even higher concentrations available.

xXx

Established Member
Reaction score
I did and I am still repenting it. In my case I used nox for 5 months didnt see much benefit so left it for 4 months. It ruined my hair I lost hair even in places where I was not loosing b4. Started minoxidil again, now Its slowly filling in. But still I wish I hadnt discontnued as I had really nice volume then compared to now.

G

xXx said:
I did and I am still repenting it. In my case I used nox for 5 months didnt see much benefit so left it for 4 months. It ruined my hair I lost hair even in places where I was not loosing b4. Started minoxidil again, now Its slowly filling in. But still I wish I hadnt discontnued as I had really nice volume then compared to now.

View my pics. Click view all to see up to nov 03. I stopped using minoxidil in about aug/september. The shed since has been truly awful. It is even worse now then in the november pictures.

I should never have stopped minoxidil. I too thought it wasnt doing much good, after applying it for 4 months twice daily. Other factors also came into it, thus deciding to stop use. I totally regret it. I'm now back on it.

Tell me straight. I can take the disapointment. Can it *really* work a 2nd time round as well as the 1st? did yours look as good a 2nd time round? how bad was your shed.?

Or does it lose it's effect if you *start* then *stop* *shed* then *start* again.

Or if anyone else knows?

This has really tested how strong I am emotionally.

PS, i'll warn everyone now in case you are as idiotic as me. Once you start minoxidil, *DON'T* ever stop it. Horror. If you arent as strong as I, you'd break down in tears.

cheers.