Has Anyone Ever Experienced Chest Pains On Minoxidil? Specifically The Sternum Area.

Stereo

My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record, i don't know if Minoxidil is the cause behind this, but it does say "chest pain" under side effects so I'm asking.

Obsessive

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For the record, i don't know if Minoxidil is the cause behind this, but it does say "chest pain" under side effects so I'm asking.
Oh yes...good ole' minoxidil. I have a love-hate relationship with the stuff. A certain degree of systemic exposure will cause heart palpitations/chest pain/weird chest sensations for certain people. I only get this when I take it orally. Unfortunately, the more side effects the better hair growth, for me at least.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
Never had any chest pains with either topical or oral, only bloated face.

Tinkwetax

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
If I apply minoxidil to my hair too close to bed time, I can hear my heart beat racing, almost ringing in my ears. I usually put it on now about 4 hours before I sleep and have had no issues since.

Unacknowledged

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Yes. Everybody has different reactions to medicine. Minoxidil did me no good. But it was great for my hair. Unfortunate.

vinnievandall

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Got it one time at the beginning with 5% now using 15% and no chest pains i think your body get used to it