has anyone correlated their hairloss with milk?

xcrusher

Reaction score
i know it seems weird but I noticed the days I drink milk, those are the days I ted to lose a lot of hairs when styling. Usually when I'm styling my hair, which i do with my hand, I lose no hairs at most like 1 or 2. But the day after I decide to drink milk, I lose about 10. I tested this multiple times by not drinking milk for a period like a week (sometimes as much as a month) and the days after i lose a lot more hair then I usually do. it's really weird and I'm wondering what you guys think about it.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Google "hair cycles".
Hair in telogen phase remains on the scalp for 2-3 months before falling, that's why people usually see the first results of a treatment at the 3 month mark.

It's all in your head if you think drinking milk in the morning makes you lose more hair throughout the day.

Koga

Established Member
Reaction score
Vlatch, are you really seeing results by only using dutasteride twice a months? Also, what's the advantage of a bisabolol shampoo? Piroctone olamine would have some similar effects as nizoral, right?

I do agree by the way. Even if there was a correlation with milk consumption (hormones etc.), you couldn't possibly see the effects the same day. Nothing you do can make a hair shed the same day. That's just not how hair growth works.

Dench57

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you lactose intolerant?

xcrusher

Reaction score
Vlatch, are you really seeing results by only using dutasteride twice a months? Also, what's the advantage of a bisabolol shampoo? Piroctone olamine would have some similar effects as nizoral, right?

I do agree by the way. Even if there was a correlation with milk consumption (hormones etc.), you couldn't possibly see the effects the same day. Nothing you do can make a hair shed the same day. That's just not how hair growth works.

I'm sorry I should have been more specific but it usually goes this like: I'll go a period without drinking milk (a week or two weeks sometimes a month) because I found out awhile ago it causes blackheads and acne( I've been doing this for over a year now but didn't correlate it with hairloss until about the beginning of this year).

Then after that period, I'll decide, hey I haven't drank milk in a while so i'll drink some for the next few days, usually like 3 or 4 at a time then I'll stop again for that random period. It's usually not the day right after but a couple of days after I first drink it. It's the only thing that I'm doing different so I assume it's the only thing it could be. I don't know if it's because of the telogen phase or not but I read a while ago milk has 5ar and helps to increase DHT but I don't know if that's a fact or people just saying that. And lastly, no I'm not lactose intolerant.

Vlatch

Established Member
Reaction score
Well these shampoos are for inflammation mainly, but yes piroctone olamine is proven to have the same effect as ketoconazole on hair loss.
Dutasteride twice a month is less effective than finasteride but it works fine for me with the benefit of being more gentle. Actually my main concern right now is treating my folliculitis decalvans I've been diagnosed with a few weeks ago, which is apparently the main culprit for my hair loss.

For the OP, apart because of lactose intolerance, I don't see how milk could cause hair loss =\

xcrusher

Reaction score
Well these shampoos are for inflammation mainly, but yes piroctone olamine is proven to have the same effect as ketoconazole on hair loss.
Dutasteride twice a month is less effective than finasteride but it works fine for me with the benefit of being more gentle. Actually my main concern right now is treating my folliculitis decalvans I've been diagnosed with a few weeks ago, which is apparently the main culprit for my hair loss.

For the OP, apart because of lactose intolerance, I don't see how milk could cause hair loss =\
I don't think it's causing my hairloss but accelerating it. It's been that way for a while and I'm gonna test it again soon (haven't drank any milk in a few days and I lost like 1 hair when styling this morning and maybe like 1 yesterday. I'll let you know how it goes because milk is the best source of calcium and other nutrients so I need to find something to replace it.