Has anybody gone back from dutasteride to finasteride?

G

What were the results? Did you experience a massive shed or is it possible to maintain hair regrown by dutasteride with finasteride??? your opinions!

Kojack

Reaction score
I was on dutasteride alone for 9 months and was maintaining but no regrowth for me. I then switched to finasteride,minoxidil and nizoral, I didn't notice a big shed when I changed my regimen.

G

Taugenichts said:
What were the results? Did you experience a massive shed or is it possible to maintain hair regrown by dutasteride with finasteride??? your opinions!

Never did this but I'd wager that it's impossible to maintain hair regrown by dutasteride that finasteride wouldn't have regrown. So finasteride will maintain the regrowth that it would have gotten on its own but not the dutasteride regrowth which came as a result of increased inhibition of the type 2 enzyme. make sense?

similar to the reason that people think 0.5 mg a day of dutasteride can't maintain the extra regrowth that 2.5 mg of dutasteride gives over 0.5.

Mer

Established Member
Reaction score
Same situation as Kojack for me.

Only problem now is what to do with the 100 genuine Avodart I have.

dietcola

Experienced Member
Reaction score
sell em to a member on here

Mer

Established Member
Reaction score
Sounds good. I've got 102 Avodart. 90 in a sealed bottle, 12 in an opened bottle.

I'll have to do this US only unfortunately.