Has Anybody Experienced Prolonged Low Energy And Low Mood On Finasteride?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Closing my 2nd month and it hit me like a truck. This whole weekend i was just laying on the couch having no desire or energy to do anything. I was feeling content with just idling whole day. Also unlike before i didnt have the sexual drive to keep me going. Doesnt feel nice, thats for sure.
Anyone else had this?

Oscar66

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes. I have lower energy and mental drive about generally everything while using finasteride. Try cutting your dose in half and give it 3 or 4 months and re-evaluate. I tried "hormone boosters" (over the counter men's vitality drugs) but they are too expensive and I saw no counter affects.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. I have lower energy and mental drive about generally everything while using finasteride. Try cutting your dose in half and give it 3 or 4 months and re-evaluate. I tried "hormone boosters" (over the counter men's vitality drugs) but they are too expensive and I saw no counter affects.
I'm currently only taking 1mg, so might try to stick with it for few more weeks and see how it unfolds. Ironically if i stop finasteride (or it doesnt work) i will have the same sentiment and energy levels just because becoming bald is a social execution for your future life as young adult male.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you taking 1mg and why are you taking the pills rather than topical?

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why are you taking 1mg and why are you taking the pills rather than topical?
because 1 mg is standard dose for it, because 2 month that i was on 0.5 didnt display any progress, because wasting time with topical and giving it like half a year to work, and if it doesnt work then still having to switch to oral finasteride and waste more hair on this whole process.

i just wanted to hop on finasteride and see if i get harsh sides and then realize im fucked and figure out other possible solutions, but if it doesnt then try to stick with it and see if it helps my hair.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
because 1 mg is standard dose for it

Read some clinical studies. You're overdosing.

because 2 month that i was on 0.5 didnt display any progress

You're not going to see results at 2 months. So that's a nonsense.

because wasting time with topical and giving it like half a year to work, and if it doesnt work then still having to switch to oral finasteride and waste more hair on this whole process.

Read some clinical studies.

Complete Bro Science nonsense.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Read some clinical studies. You're overdosing.
no, im not overdosing, yes in the studies usually the marginal again after 0,5mgs wasnt significant in percetanges to DHT inhibited, but for some the difference was enough to make hair loss stop or progress. It's absoute gamble.

You're not going to see results at 2 months. So that's a nonsense.
First of all, what you just wrote is nonsense, some do see results at 2 months mark, it's just extreme rarity. And the whole point is that i had to start with 1 mg to know if finasteride is gona work for me or not, because there's a difference between 0.5mg and 1mg, and after 1mg there's literally no point in increasing the dose.

Read some clinical studies.
Complete Bro Science nonsense.
Broscience in what? Cant you comprehend basic logic flow? If i tried topical finasteride, i would have to give it 6 months or more, to be sure whether it works or not, and in case it didnt, all this time my hair state would be progressively worsening. Then i'd have to jump on finasteride and give it another 6 months or more to see results.
So i decided to cut the useless part out and then if oral finasteride works but gives me sides either decrease the intake amount or switch to topical.

Kambrira159

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You're blaming finasteride for side effects, then claim you're not overdosing.

Simple steps:
1) Get a blood test to make sure you're in perfect health.
2) It's simple lower your dosage of finasteride or go on topical.
3) Come back after 2 months telling us that none of that worked.

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a distinct feeling you've been this way as a whole before finasteride, but now you have a scapegoat. Aside from that, the nocebo effect is real. Push through.

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a distinct feeling you've been this way as a whole before finasteride, but now you have a scapegoat. Aside from that, the nocebo effect is real. Push through.
you could be right tbh, ill be sticking with it anyway, bald head in young age bears the same consquences so the gamble is worth it

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
Closing my 2nd month and it hit me like a truck. This whole weekend i was just laying on the couch having no desire or energy to do anything. I was feeling content with just idling whole day. Also unlike before i didnt have the sexual drive to keep me going. Doesnt feel nice, thats for sure.
Anyone else had this?
Haven’t you always been paranoid about finasteride?

Most likely these symptoms aren’t related to finasteride if you’ve been taking it for 2 months. These are extremely common symptoms and can be caused by ANYTHING

justbeconfident

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Haven’t you always been paranoid about finasteride?

Most likely these symptoms aren’t related to finasteride if you’ve been taking it for 2 months. These are extremely common symptoms and can be caused by ANYTHING
thats the point, if i was paranoid, id start to experience it from the get go

lately ive just been poppin pills and not even thinking about it at all since life brought enough fuckery to be busy with

CrownBalding

My Regimen
Reaction score
thats the point, if i was paranoid, id start to experience it from the get go

lately ive just been poppin pills and not even thinking about it at all since life brought enough fuckery to be busy with
Dude, “low energy and low mood”.

Think about this, what if you were told drinking milk can cause this in VERY rare cases. Now say you started drinking milk 2 months ago. If next weekend you felt tired and lazy n sat around all weekend are you gonna be convinced it’s a side effect from the milk you started drinking daily 2 months earlier?

I’m not saying your paranoid because you’re making up this feeling. I’m saying your paranoid because you felt tired and groggy one weekend and you’re convincing yourself it’s related to finasteride.