Hard water and showerheads - skin health

misterium

Reaction score
Hi fellas,

Here in Las Vegas in my neighborhood, the water from the tap is very hard and tastes gross. Most people uses filters to get their drinking water, and I don't blame them.

So in terms of the water that comes from our showers, would any of you suggest a filter for the showerhead to help with our skin health? Is this a valid concern in terms of scalp and skin condition overall?

I also heard that some people suggest using CLR to clean their showerhead every few months... I may have to try that.

Thanks,
-Mike

VWdude

Reaction score
I am just assuming that it cannot be as good as clear crisp water but at the same time I don't know how it can be bad... I'm sure someone will post a link then go on and on about it though... just a matter of time!

CLR for the showerhead is good, gets rid of all the build up. Even then, it still depends on the type of water you are getting.

Cassin

Reaction score
Send a PM and direct BadHairDecade to this thread if he doesn't reply, he has some interesting input about this subject.

EDIT: Well as soon as I type it.........

:)

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
My water used to reek of chlorine, so I bought a Aquasana showerhead filter. It got rid of the chlorine smell, skin feels not so dry anymore. As for hair,
well I used to have a mild itch. Nothing too bad. After a few weeks of using the filter the itch disappeared. Could just be coincedence. Still, It's nice not smelling chlorine while showering.

misterium

Reaction score
Thanks guys... I'm gonna look into buying a filter.

BadHairDecade

Reaction score
Go to http://www.aquasana.com I'ts the best one out that's affordable. Another thiing to think about is your water pressure. If it's low already a cheap filter will make it much worse. The Aquasana doesn't reduce the pressure much at all.

jimmystanley

Experienced Member
Reaction score
hard water can also thicken up the appearance of your hair a bit compared to soft water