Hard Side Effects From Any Minoxidil Percents

Michaelb312

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey,
i'm using rogaine for beard growth having a really hard side effects from it. hard Dizziness, really fast heart beat rate and more.
i started using the 5% foam and i felt like im going to die so i washed my face like 20 minutes and than felt bad for like 4 hours.
i tried to use the 2% with really small dose, less than 0.01 mm, also started to feel side effects.
is there any reason that i'm getting such an hard side effects? i explored every corner in the internet and have not seen people that gets the same side effects from such a dose.
can you recommend maybe on a product that will reduce the side effect? or maybe you have any idea what can cause these side effects?
thank you!

freddieb80

My Regimen
Reaction score
It may be because minoxidil use isn't approved for the facial area. The skin on your face is far thinner than anywhere else on your body (especially your scalp) so you're probably absorbing far more of the medication than you're supposed to. Also, minoxidil doesn't work on facial hair. I have occasional alopecia barbae (similar to alopecia arrays but affects the hair of the face) and the first time it happened I asked my derm about using minoxidil on it and was told if anything it would worsen the hair loss and do nothing to help it grow back because minoxidil specifically works on hair follicles affected by Androgenetic Alopecia. I would definitely stop putting it on your face before you damage the hair follicles or cause cardiac damage from absorbing too much of the medication.

Michaelb312

My Regimen
Reaction score
It may be because minoxidil use isn't approved for the facial area. The skin on your face is far thinner than anywhere else on your body (especially your scalp) so you're probably absorbing far more of the medication than you're supposed to. Also, minoxidil doesn't work on facial hair. I have occasional alopecia barbae (similar to alopecia arrays but affects the hair of the face) and the first time it happened I asked my derm about using minoxidil on it and was told if anything it would worsen the hair loss and do nothing to help it grow back because minoxidil specifically works on hair follicles affected by Androgenetic Alopecia. I would definitely stop putting it on your face before you damage the hair follicles or cause cardiac damage from absorbing too much of the medication.
Thank you for honest answer.
I guess ill just give up on trying and growinf a normal unpatchy beard:(