Hanna Rosin: New data on the rise of women

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
http://www.ted.com/talks/hanna_rosin_ne ... women.html

Its interesting that she does not address the implications for men.

Are we obsolete now? Cuz thats what she is implying. And something more sinister. Earlier, men were artificially keeping men down. Now, she is basically saying that men are inferior and hence they are falling behind.

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
Suck it, men.

No but seriously, she does a speech about women and you want to know why she doesn't talk about the effect on men more? She spoke for 15 minutes...she didn't have time to cover every angle.

She didn't say men are inferior, just that women are better at the skills that are increasingly necessary in our current economy. Men will adapt, probably.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
twenty.five said:
Suck it, men.

She didn't say men are inferior, just that women are better at the skills that are increasingly necessary in our current economy. Men will adapt, probably.

Yeah, that was the tone of the woman too.

"Men are inferior at the skills in the new economy, and the sooner they acknowledge this fact, accept it, and resign themselves to earning less etc the better"

How is this not saying men are inferior? I thought the goal was equality.

twenty.five

Established Member
Reaction score
WTF. Do you think that is what she said? Is that supposed to be a direct quote?

She didn't even talk about the implications of anything or what the next steps should be. She just discussed the data, showed a video of her kid, and that was it. She didn't express judgment either for women or against men. She just stated some facts and statistics. Talk about shooting the freaking messenger.

Don't get your knickers in a twist over nothing.

fodandahalf

Established Member
Reaction score
Why are feminists still here? It'll never be that we have complete equality, but that's because, we biologically different. Women don't have it worse than men these days and you can't really say men have it worse than women. It's just a kick in the balls vs giving birth argument really, you can argue as much as you want, but will we really ever come to an agreement?

Ori83

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Does it really matter what she say or think? even if its true, women are nothing without men and vise versa... and btw, at the end of the day the most important job cant be replaced by another woman..... ;)

gh05

Established Member
Reaction score
twenty.five said:
Suck it, men.

No but seriously, she does a speech about women and you want to know why she doesn't talk about the effect on men more? She spoke for 15 minutes...she didn't have time to cover every angle.

um no, she basically just made a bs speech about some bs stats because like many emotionally charged women, she has a giant chip on her shoulder.

What she doesn't mention is how men dominate technology, computing maths engineering etc - all of which are arguably way more essential to our future economy, becase mens brains are GENERALLY better suited to working in that way. Women dominate education (wonder why young boys do worse in school aye) :shakehead: , and health support areas.

Can;t believe i actually wasted 10 minutes watching that rubbish.

Oh and as for the fact that she filmed her daughter bragging about boys being better in front of her son so that she could present it....what an absolute c*nt. Low as it gets. Wouldn't be surprised if her needs some serious counselling in future.

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
What you don't know about Hanna is that underneath those fushia shoulder pads is a metal skeleton that is ten times stronger than iron, for she was sent here from the future to ensure that the feminist agenda and that of skynet is met.

barcafan

Reaction score
If women were truly stronger, men would be the ones making these sorts of speeches.

Sorry ladies, take a back seat to the superior gender.

P.s i hope this speech was given in her kitchen(while dinner was being cooked), or hubby might be tempted to pimpslap a hoe

virtuality

Established Member
Reaction score
BS presentation. I wonder if she's ever been outside the States.

I've never been to the US but I'm a well travelled person and I haven't witnessed what she's talking about.