Han Bio will start phase 1 Clinical Trials

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the 14th, Hanmo Bio (CEO Yoon Jung-in), an affiliate of Han Bio Group, a cell-specialized bio company, signed a 'clinical comprehensive service contract' with a clinical-related institution Dt&CRO (CEO Park Chae-gyu) on the 14th. It was announced on the 19th that it would start clinical trials. The service contract also includes clinical trials on the development of NK cell therapy products, stem cell therapy products, and dermal papilla cell cultures, including dermal papilla cells. DTNCRO is a specialized institution with extensive clinical experience, including non-clinical efficacy and toxicity tests, and clinical trials, based on its experience in conducting clinical trials of various new drugs and cell therapy products. Hanmo Bio and DTNCRO agreed to start a non-clinical trial in November with respect to the development of a dermal papilla cell therapy, and are pursuing clinical trials with the goal of applying for an IND for phase 1 clinical trial in the first half of next year. It plans to complete clinical trials and product approval as soon as possible. In addition, it said that it plans to continuously conduct related non-clinical tests for registration of NK cell therapy and stem cell therapy, which are the main fields of Han Bio Group, and the registration of cosmetic raw materials using cell culture medium. Hanbio Group established Hanmo Bio, which specializes in dermal papilla cell research, in April 2020 after successful mass culture of dermal papilla cells, which act like the seeds of hair, based on the accumulated stem cell and NK immune cell culture technology. did. After that, Hanmo Bio Co., Ltd. started full-scale R&D on dermal papilla cell isolation-culture-transplantation for hair loss treatment, and officially announced the success of mass culture of dermal papilla cells in September 2020. Subsequently, in the first half of 2021, patents were registered for the ‘Isolation and Mass Proliferation Method of Scalp Tissue-derived dermal papilla cells’ and ‘The method of transplanting dermal papilla cells through perforation’, which are the basic technologies for hair loss treatment. “Through this clinical contract, the development of dermal papilla cell culture transplantation and treatment, which can be an innovative alternative to hair loss treatment, has started in earnest,” said David Kang, chairman of Hanbio Group. By starting non-clinical studies on cell culture as well as clinical trials in Korea, we have started a long journey for the development of various related products along with the development of cell therapy products.” Jung Hee-young, reporter for Money Today Broadcast MTN

한모바이오, 탈모치료 위한 모유두세포 이식 임상 절차 돌입 - 머니투데이방송 (mtn.co.kr)

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure if it will succeed but these guys seem serious about crossing the finishing line. I just hope they get the investment they need. Clinical trials are scheduled for August to September! This is the kind of news I like to hear, not we have to wait 2 years for this, 2 years for that and it will be ready at the time of the second coming. I just wonder if their method works. I wish them the best, but I have my doubts. I guess their pre-clinicals succeeded otherwise they wouldn't be scheduling an exact date to begin. This is encouraging. Read the article from their blog. The translation into English might be off but it's enough where you get the picture generally of where things are going there: [인터뷰] 강다윗 한바이오 회장 "탈모 세포치료제 올하반기 임상 돌입" : 네이버 블로그 (naver.com)

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say this place is completely different to when I first joined back in 2017. It seems there is a new company forming almost weekly who are trying to achieve a new treatment and cure for hair loss. Exciting stuff and you'd hope that within the next 10-15 years someone will finally achieve it. Will it be affordable? Absolutely not but the fact that it'd be out there on the market would be enough for me to feel content

Last edited:

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have to say this place is completely different to when I first joined back in 2017. It seems there is a new company forming almost weekly weekly who are trying to achieve a new treatment and cure for hair loss. Exciting stuff and you'd hope that within the next 10-15 years someone will finally achieve it. Will it be affordable? Absolutely not but the fact that it'd be out there on the market would be enough for me to feel content
I just wonder what Han Bio is doing differently in their method compared to all the other groups who've tried and failed or had underwhelming results? They talk about using breast milk a lot? I wonder is this is a mistranslation into English or if this is indeed the case? Any thoughts?

HMI 115 IS THE CURE dude

My Regimen
Reaction score
I just wonder what Han Bio is doing differently in their method compared to all the other groups who've tried and failed or had underwhelming results? They talk about using breast milk a lot? I wonder is this is a mistranslation into English or if this is indeed the case? Any thoughts?
do they have an approach similar to Shishido/replicel? They will extract a specific quantity of DP cells from the donor region and then culture many of them for injection back into your scalp

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

44core

My Regimen
Reaction score
no mistranslation, they take cells or seeds from breast milk responsible for hair growth and incubate them

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
no mistranslation, they take cells or seeds from breast milk responsible for hair growth and incubate them
So, we'll have to sit tight until around June, hope and pray the preclinical testing on mice shows great results and no problems. The good news is from what I read the South Korean government under its President is considering funding such research. With luck they will take care of the clinical trials that occur hopefully in late summer. I only wish in the USA the pace of research was more like Korea. Here it looks like they don't waste time.

Last edited:

44core

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, we'll have to sit tight until around June, hope and pray the preclinical testing on mice shows great results and no problems. The good news is from what I read the South Korean government is eager to fund such research. Hopefully they will take care of the clinical trials that occur hopefully in late summer. I only wish in the USA the pace of research was more like Korea. Here it looks like they don't waste time.
also a good point is that their clinical trials don't take long as usually before a public launch because of their bio method. Same case with TissUse's SHT.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Says 1 hair can make 30,000. That's essentially just cloning unless you have Alopecia Universalis.
So then what is hair multiplication? I never quite understood the difference between cloning and multiplication.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
also a good point is that their clinical trials don't take long as usually before a public launch because of their bio method. Same case with TissUse's SHT.
Seems like nothing became of TissUse SHT. I think that whenever the trials don't work out they just report no news, so people are left thinking they haven't started or completed trials yet. I would have more respect for companies that keep us updated that they've tried a certain method and failed (and will continue with a plan B with time).