Han Bio Planning Hair Multiplication Trial This Year

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
It sounds like it since they compare it to a hair transplant and say that this procedure will take half as long. If they are just culturing DP cells and injecting them like Replicel then it shouldn't take even that long to do the procedure. However, all they mention is DP cells which wouldn't form new hairs by themselves. Stemson is also using keratinocytes and including the different cell types in a scaffold to approximate the layers of the hair matrix over the DP. The size of the hair shaft is determined by the size of the DP, but the Matrix is what produces the hair shaft. If all you do is implant DP cells then where is the hair shaft going to come from? All Replicel's DP injections do migrate to an existing DP to enlarge it so that the keratinocytes begin producing thicker and longer hair shafts again. The efficacy of that seems to be limited, and it certainly doesn't produce new hairs like Stemson does. Considering the cost of Stemson's procedure and the fact that they only mentioned DP cells, I'm leaning towards their procedure being more like Replicel's than Stemson's.
I'm confused, Replicel's procedure doesn't seem like it is actually in the "hair cloning/multiplication" field at all. It seem similar to what HairClone is doing in the UK, where DP cells are cultivated with stem cells and injected back into the scalp to supplement existing follicles DP cell base and reverse miniaturization of existing hair.

This procedure is promising new hair through surgical means, is it not?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm confused, Replicel's procedure doesn't seem like it is actually in the "hair cloning/multiplication" field at all. It seem similar to what HairClone is doing in the UK, where DP cells are cultivated with stem cells and injected back into the scalp to supplement existing follicles DP cell base and reverse miniaturization of existing hair.

This procedure is promising new hair.
Exactly. Replicel at one time promised new hair too. I'm skeptical that they are actually going to provide new hair. If DP cells are all that they are using then they won't.

I did include Hair Multiplication in the title because that's what they are trying to make it sound like, but I doubt it's what they're actually doing.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
Exactly. Replicel at one time promised new hair too. I'm skeptical that they are actually going to provide new hair. If DP cells are all that they are using then they won't.
Got it. Either way, another thing to keep an eye on.

I would instantly put more stock into this company then Replicel though, they're tiny.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Got it. Either way, another thing to keep an eye on.

I would instantly put more stock into this company then Replicel though, they're tiny.

At this point I'd put more stock in Bargain Bob's Hairloss Cures than in Replicel. Either way this could be worthwhile. We don't actually need new hairs, we just need to make the ones we have function again. Theoretically that could be done with DP cells, it just hasn't been figured out yet. Maybe they came up with a way to make them proliferate after injection, or to at least keep more of them alive.

trialAcc

My Regimen
Reaction score
At this point I'd put more stock in Bargain Bob's Hairloss Cures than in Replicel. Either way this could be worthwhile. We don't actually need new hairs, we just need to make the ones we have function again. Theoretically that could be done with DP cells, it just hasn't been figured out yet. Maybe they came up with a way to make them proliferate after injection, or to at least keep more of them alive.
Yeah, and depending on the level of pharmacological intervention required that's defiantly the cleaner route. Even with unlimited follicles, surgical replacement outcomes are still going to vary heavily depending on the skill of the doctor preforming the placement.

From my vantage point it doesn't seem like there is as much emphasis on this type of "cure" in the current pipeline outside of the common one's mentioned on here though, like BAY and KY. Other routes focused on maintenance and "growth" seem to be much more old school in the sense of just working on incremental gains that don't move the needle for a lot of people who have already lost significant hair.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
They told HLC2020 that there is a good chance trials will be done before 2025. Figure then it will be available in 2025. HMI-115 should be available in 2024. Hairclone, Stemson, Tsuji, Shiseido, and Tissuse could all potentially be available by then, or none of them.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
This isn't new, hairclone are doing DP cell multiplication. Aderans done it in the past.

View attachment 160790

What they're doing is non-comparable to what stemson is doing.

Edit: also replicel use dermal sheath cups iirc, not dp cells.
It's a new company doing it so more competition, which is great.

DSC is the outer layer of the DP, and repopulates it. They are both part of the mesenchymal niche. It's the same process you have to have a mesenchymal-epithelial interaction to form a new hair. Only using mesenchymal cells will just result in moderate thickening of existing hair like in that Aderans trial. They didn't grow any new hair shafts. Han Bio claims they are going to make new hair shafts so perhaps they aren't just using DP cells. We need clarification on that, but for less than the cost of a hair transplant it seems unlikely.

eeyore

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The patent confirms this isn't real hair multiplication. This won't give you a full head of hair. We'll have to wait for the trial to see if they can get more regrowth than Replicel. At least they sound intent on actually marketing the treatment.

Unfortunate but thickening up some thinner hairs and sideless maintenance would be pretty sweet.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Unfortunate but thickening up some thinner hairs and sideless maintenance would be pretty sweet.
True, but by the time it's available hopefully there will be better options

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The patent confirms this isn't real hair multiplication. This won't give you a full head of hair. We'll have to wait for the trial to see if they can get more regrowth than Replicel. At least they sound intent on actually marketing the treatment.

I believe this is from a different company called inscobee, not the method used by Han Bio

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I read this in so many threads. I sometimes read through threads from 2012 (including German ones) and everyone has always said that. Take care my friend.

I know. It makes people lose hope, but we really have reached a turning point where the understanding of the disease and the technology to treat it are converging

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I believe this is from a different company called inscobee, not the method used by Han Bio
Yes you're right. I didn't even look at the name, just skimmed it after the HLC admin posted it. I thought he was posting Han's patent. So inscobee is just injecting stem cells, but we still don't know about Han for certain

byebyehair

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes you're right. I didn't even look at the name, just skimmed it after the HLC admin posted it. I thought he was posting Han's patent. So inscobee is just injecting stem cells, but we still don't know about Han for certain

i think here you can obtain more information if you are able to translate. But the quality is probably to low to use ocr

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll attempt to find
maybe a bit different, I've only skimmed the inscobee patent but they seem to be talking about a polyurethane capsule full of stem cells that secrete cytokines.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'll attempt to find

maybe a bit different, I've only skimmed the inscobee patent but they seem to be talking about a polyurethane capsule full of stem cells that secrete cytokines.
Yeah, Wnts, bFGF, PDGF. I can see it working, but by 2025 I expect to be cured

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Through something commercialized or on your own?
Through HMI-115+small transplant or hair multiplication. Then again maybe on my own with smi+ky+recombinant r-spondin injections