Halving a propecia pill?

Carlos..

Reaction score
Ok this is a random stupid post however I think I should ask or I will lose ALOT of money lol how the hell do you cut a propecia tablet in half? I tried yesterday and my knife either crushed it or it went flying across the kitchen :(

Carlos..

Reaction score
Thats genius, cheers mate lol

Carlos..

Reaction score
My fingers will love that the first few attempts lol ill try it :)

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Ive read some people actually crust it and place it in 2ml of alcohol or distilled water to dissolve then divide it when they dosage up assuming your taking .5mg a day and not .25

Iver personally never tried that. But I do crush my pills kind of like you find with BC Powder. I weight the pill then once crused I divide the parts evenly. You will need to invest in a good micro mg scale which will run you about 100 as you weights will be so small. The cheaper ones that list .005 or above may not register the bill after being cut.

Of course thats probably over kill. I just happened to already own one so thats the reason I use it. Plus I feel safer being exact in my dosages since I break down proscar bills to 1/8

Nene

Reaction score
adolobe said:
Ive read some people actually crust it and place it in 2ml of alcohol or distilled water to dissolve then divide it when they dosage up assuming your taking .5mg a day and not .25

Iver personally never tried that. But I do crush my pills kind of like you find with BC Powder. I weight the pill then once crused I divide the parts evenly. You will need to invest in a good micro mg scale which will run you about 100 as you weights will be so small. The cheaper ones that list .005 or above may not register the bill after being cut.

Of course thats probably over kill. I just happened to already own one so thats the reason I use it. Plus I feel safer being exact in my dosages since I break down proscar bills to 1/8

Thats a pretty awesome idea. I wanted to take like .75 mg and it's obviously almost impossible unless you cut propecia into 4ths and take 3 a day, but I use proscar. Where would one find such a scale? Amazon?

Mens Rea

Reaction score
how about biting half it off?

really, its not an exact science no need to get a pill cutter like a proper druggie lol

Carlos..

Reaction score
I used a stanly knife today, it worked ok but the biting it off idea sounds pretty good, ill try that next

Carlos..

Reaction score
I used a stanly knife today, it worked ok but the biting it off idea sounds pretty good, ill try that next

Carlos..

Reaction score

adolobe

Established Member
Reaction score
Nene said:
adolobe said:

Thats a pretty awesome idea. I wanted to take like .75 mg and it's obviously almost impossible unless you cut propecia into 4ths and take 3 a day, but I use proscar. Where would one find such a scale? Amazon?

Amazon is probably a good place. Haven't really looked there. I picked mine up a years ago at a gem expo the wife dragged me to. It one of those they would use to weight gold or jems. It really precise as it will weight down to .0001. Its not a heavy scale as it wont register anything over 28.34 grams or about 1oz in total weight.

I picked it up as I collected gold coins a few years back and with the skyrocket in prie of gold I was curious in there value in weight vs historical value.