Halting the Hairline

freudling

Reaction score
Hey boys:

Over the past five years, I have managed to pretty much halt my hairline. While I was on Propecia for the first 2.5 years, I dropped it and now take spironolactone 5%, minoxidil 5%, Xandrox 5%, Copper Peptides and Nizoral. I guess to really say for sure that my efforts are what has halted my hairline I would need two of me to test, one not taking anything the other with the regime.

I think though that my treatments have stopped my thinning hairline. Although it has creeped back a tad, it has held is ground.

Thanks.

Oh and, sometimes I use MSM and horsetail. I was also using Ducray Anastim as an anti-DHT.

freudling

Reaction score
Propecia made me feel spacey and weird. Could be Placebo, but I don't think so. I want DHT in my blood, it has a purpose.

jeffsss

Reaction score
freudling said:
Propecia made me feel spacey and weird. Could be Placebo, but I don't think so. I want DHT in my blood, it has a purpose.

it's main purpose is to eat your hair!!!!!!!!!

Britannia

Reaction score
freudling said:

Definatley a placebo effect. DHT has a major role in the body during fetal development and during puberty. In later life it is believed not to have a significant role in the body. Certainely adults with lowered DHT levels (i.e. patients taking Proscar for decades) have no adverse reactions.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Subliminal said:
I dunno guys, I believe DHT does have its role in adult male physiology.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/content/page-289.html

I read on another forum that someone had good frontal growth from 1-2 years of finasteride, and he could then maintain it with 5% Xandrox only. I may give it a shot for my temple areas.

That article sounds like a steaming pile of sh*t if you ask me. I've got no love for random internet armchair gurus who claim to know it all, especially since I've been on dutasteride for 9 months, and my experience contradicts everything he says. Scientific studies or nothing I'm afraid.

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
iamnaked said:
Subliminal said:
I dunno guys, I believe DHT does have its role in adult male physiology.

http://www.mindandmuscle.net/content/page-289.html

I read on another forum that someone had good frontal growth from 1-2 years of finasteride, and he could then maintain it with 5% Xandrox only. I may give it a shot for my temple areas.

That article sounds like a steaming pile of $#iT if you ask me. I've got no love for random internet armchair gurus who claim to know it all, especially since I've been on dutasteride for 9 months, and my experience contradicts everything he says. Scientific studies or nothing I'm afraid.

Patrick Arnold isn't a "random internet armchair guru." He's the most well-respected chemist in the dietary supplement industry. He's been indicted by the federal government for his possible role in the synthesis of designer anabolic steroids for BALCO. He's not idiot when it comes to science.

He just represents one perspective in androgen research.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Subliminal said:
Patrick Arnold isn't a "random internet armchair guru." He's the most well-respected chemist in the dietary supplement industry. He's been indicted by the federal government for his possible role in the synthesis of designer anabolic steroids for BALCO. He's not idiot when it comes to science.

Whatever. He's got no postgrad to his name and for all I can see he's a jumped up supplement seller.

Anyone who bothers to cast even a cursory glance over his article would note that his lack of scientific rigour robs it of any force it might have had. Not to mention that the nonsense he spouts has been roundly contradicted by most of the posts on this site.

Source:
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/arnold/bio.htm

Education

Patrick Arnold received his B.S. in chemistry from the University of New Haven in 1990. While working as a synthetic-organic chemist at a major chemical company, Patrick was enrolled in graduate courses at Montclair St. University and the University of Connecticut.

Patrick cut his Ph.D. studies short to pursue his own business venture, LPJ Research - :D :D :D LOL

Subliminal

Established Member
Reaction score
iamnaked said:
Subliminal said:

Whatever. He's got no postgrad to his name and for all I can see he's a jumped up supplement seller.

Anyone who bothers to cast even a cursory glance over his article would note that his lack of scientific rigour robs it of any force it might have had. Not to mention that the nonsense he spouts has been roundly contradicted by most of the posts on this site.

Source:
http://www.mesomorphosis.com/articles/arnold/bio.htm

Education

Patrick Arnold received his B.S. in chemistry from the University of New Haven in 1990. While working as a synthetic-organic chemist at a major chemical company, Patrick was enrolled in graduate courses at Montclair St. University and the University of Connecticut.

Patrick cut his Ph.D. studies short to pursue his own business venture, LPJ Research - :D :D :D LOL

Fair enough. But many of the posts I read here do talk about gyno while on a DHT inihibitor, if you wish to reference posts here. It's plenty enough testimonial for someone to think twice about blocking DHT.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Subliminal said:
Fair enough. But many of the posts I read here do talk about gyno while on a DHT inihibitor, if you wish to reference posts here. It's plenty enough testimonial for someone to think twice about blocking DHT.

I find being fat is a more probable cause of b**ch-tits than dutasteride.

Vasa

Reaction score
freudling said:
Hey boys:

Over the past five years, I have managed to pretty much halt my hairline. While I was on Propecia for the first 2.5 years, I dropped it and now take spironolactone 5%, minoxidil 5%, Xandrox 5%, Copper Peptides and Nizoral. I guess to really say for sure that my efforts are what has halted my hairline I would need two of me to test, one not taking anything the other with the regime.

I think though that my treatments have stopped my thinning hairline. Although it has creeped back a tad, it has held is ground.

Thanks.

Oh and, sometimes I use MSM and horsetail. I was also using Ducray Anastim as an anti-DHT.

Hey, can you please tell me where i can buy these products you mentioned - spironolactone 5%, minoxidil 5%, Xandrox 5%, Copper Peptides.

I am already using nizoral and i don't know i think i'm balding and even though its at the early stages, i do not want to wait, i want to act now. I think Propecia will be my last resort, so i do not want to use it now, i'm trying to find alternatives.

Lessofarockstar

Established Member
Reaction score
Vasa said:
freudling said:
Hey boys:

Thanks.

Hey, can you please tell me where i can buy these products you mentioned - spironolactone 5%, minoxidil 5%, Xandrox 5%, Copper Peptides.

I am already using nizoral and i don't know i think i'm balding and even though its at the early stages, i do not want to wait, i want to act now. I think Propecia will be my last resort, so i do not want to use it now, i'm trying to find alternatives.

http://www.minoxidil.com At least for the spironolactone and xandrox/minoxidil.

freudling

Reaction score
Hello again Boys:

Yup, still maintaining. As for DHT, it does have functions in the body, is it contributes to tissue regulation. There is more detail available if you look regarding its positive effects on the body. I use Dr. Lee's spironolactone, Xandrox (5%) and copper peptides alongside nizoral. I am blocking DHT recepters, inhibiting 5-alpha reductase and sparking growth. All around great arsenal and it is all focussed on my hairline.

Best wishes.