Halloween Ideas For Bald/receding Hairlines

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's actually the one night a year where wearing a wig is acceptable! But if you want to work with what you've got, what are some good ones?
Paint your head green and be a ninja turtle?
Put on a bloody/dirty wifebeatee and go as John McClane?
Carry a stuffed cat around and go as Blofelt from Bond.
Stick some hoops on your chin and go as David Draiman from Disturbed.
Paint a skull face and go as Jack Skellington or the guy from suicide squad?
Prison jump suit and go as nick cage from Con Air.
Black suit and barcode head for the Agent 47 look.
Draw a swastika on your face and go as an... umm... neo nazi...

Honestly though, think I might wear a wig this Halloween so I can just forget about my hair for a night

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
Draw a swastika on your face and go as an... umm... neo nazi...

You do not need to draw a swastika. If you shave your head you should take nazi jokes already on daily basis.

Young and shaved = neo nazi.

Who else will shave head in 20-s.

T

tellersquill

Pretty sure nobody called Justin Timberlake a neo Nazi when he had a shaved head.

You just have to dress better to off set the tough guy hair cut.

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know if I'm going to celebrate Halloween this year, I may or may not. I haven't had the same motivation to celebrate holidays nowadays like when I was a kid, like as if the holiday spirit died in me a while ago.

I remember back in 2009, I dressed up like Slash the guitarist. I put on one of those long dark haired rock-star wigs to look like him, and I went to a Halloween party. At the same time I was down about the whole thing though since I was age 17 at the time and my head was already balding back then. It was the very same time I desired to grow out my hair, but I knew I couldn't because of of my situation. Just started my Junior year in High School and already cannot enjoy healthy hair anymore by that young age. Long healthy hair full of life is a luxury and privilege that I will never get to experience or have because of what has happened. But whatever, no one cares about men's health.

Zoro

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Pretty sure nobody called Justin Timberlake a neo Nazi when he had a shaved head.

You just have to dress better to off set the tough guy hair cut.

There's a massive difference between buzzed and slick bald mirrorhead, and there's also a massive difference between Justin Timberlake's bank account and fame and ours

T

tellersquill

Nah, Timberlake looked good bald.

The neo Nazi look is a shaved number 1 or 2. They never go slick bald.

Do people think Kelly Slater looks like a neo Nazi? Of course not!

Just don't dress like a bum in baggy jeans, t shirts, and white sports shoes.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanna shave it all off and go out as Heisenberg with a hazmat suit.

T

tellersquill

Nosferatu:
upload_2016-10-21_9-20-17.png

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
I wanna shave it all off and go out as Heisenberg with a hazmat suit.

chances you will nearly resemble Heisenberg as a bald same as you will resemble Bred Pitt with a full head of hair

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
chances you will nearly resemble Heisenberg as a bald same as you will resemble Bred Pitt with a full head of hair

Yeah, apparently anyone who 'owns' their baldness is immediately going to look like a Bruce Willis. Must be the same for fullheads and Brad Pitt... because you know, logic.

Agustin Araujo

My Regimen
Reaction score
Your posts make me sad when you write openly like this, especially since I got to know you more over PM. I sometimes think of the forum and this section in particular when I am out and about during my day/night. It is true about full hair privilege. A few days back was another day I thought of this section. I went out to a big club and I probably knew about 30 people in there since it was a work orientated but with a ton of locals. I really had a good time. Not only with all the people I knew in there but a lot of new random people. A lot of them added me on facebook and I ended up going to different bars. I felt socially valued even though I am now in my 30s and at an event like this with young locals. Sure I don't look it, but generally hair is very important and attractive is attractive regardless. And that's where I thought of this forum - take away the thick hair and the reality would be different. It's not about pulling it off, it would just take away a lot and I would be a standard guy at best in real life and a nobody in a club like this.

Hair loss is scary.

Agustin you should try to celebrate holiday periods, fight that depression, even if it's a few hours of joy, better than zero. But I know you like your hiking and other ways of therapy too. Your hair may be below average for your age but you're far from bald looking: enjoy and adapt. You could look into concealers too.

Hey Wolf Pack, thanks for the sympathy. :)

Hair privilege is a totally real thing that exists. I've been thinking about a lot of different but simple things lately, like why some people get to live a life on God mode while others live nothing but a life of pure struggles and suffering. It's probably a question that will remain unexplained to us for as long as we live as a species. What is social acceptance like? Social value has become something rather superficial to me, I yearned for it growing up but haven't cared about it for a while now. I no longer look for anyone's approval out in the real world. I'm glad it went so well for you at the club, attractive is attractive indeed, and looking good not only leads to feeling good but also thinking good. And it really is never about pulling it off, it's always about looks as constantly talked about on here. Looks has always been critically important since the beginning of time, but I do strongly feel that the focus of it these days has gotten way out of hand, likes it's become an unhealthy obsession now.

In short, life is too random.

I'm not so much into Halloween like I used to be, I guess I should become enthusiastic about it again. I've still got interest in Thanksgiving and Christmas! Last year, I actually had one of the best Thanksgivings in my life, so that's something positive to think about, and I'll be doing it again like I did before! For Christmas, perhaps I should take on the challenge for doing something new.

My hair is staying as it is, I don't try to hide my alopecia. For months, I'm still considering on adding Finasteride but need to take the plunge already. I just started a new technique on how I apply Minoxidil to my scalp and will be seeing how it goes.