Hairtransplant thread (pictures) Last update: Saturday

Diddy

Established Member
Reaction score
hey zak, looks like most of the tranplants are the front middle slightly leaning towards the right temple, but to me it looks like your left side is worse? Is it just the lighting or did the Doctor concentrate on the right side?

Also for a 19 year old you are a hairy mofo. That is a mean *** beard shadow (couldn't help but notice those forearms too) . I'm 21 and can't grow a beard even close to that. Since lots of body hair is indicative of high DHT levels, i'd wager you may do alright with an Internal DHT inhibitor in the future. Just a thought.

Looks good, only other question i got is how do you style your hair usually? Do you keep it clipped down short or what? B/C i was under the impression you couldn't cut transplant hair very short...? Donar scar looks like it'll be ok, so at least even if you don't get the desired thickness or whatever, you don't have a terrible scar or anything.

Best of luck man.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
the left side was receding more, so he tried to give it a more "even" look, the way he split the follicles up is 400 in the middle, 355 on the left hairline, 300 on the right then 222 above the right hairline (fading back) and 223 above the left hairline, also, the fact that single unit follicles are used mainly in the front and 2/3 unit follicles are used up the middle makes the a difference in the scabbing

the scar, as of now, look like a slight case of hat hair, keeping in mind that is now only 6 days post surgery and the stitches are still in, im actually quite happy with it and wont be needing to wear a hat to school tomorrow, the scar should be totally unnoticable within another week or two, ill probably keep my hair at a 2 or 3 gaurd (which is the way i've had it for a long time)

the length of your hair is not important in a transplant, the only thing that matters is the donor area, and they only shave that portion, so there's no shaved spot in the back of your head

yeah, my legs and arms are pretty hairy, chest is mildly hair, and my beard is pretty thick, i'm half arabic so that's just the nature of the beast

desar

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Zak,
Good luck bro!!!! I'm sure everythign will turn out fine. Did Dr. Cooley take some convincing to agree on the transplant since ur so young? My friend was like 21 and was turned away by him.

Take care,
Desar
p.s. I'm half arabic as well so I know what its like being hairy.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
hows it goin, any more updated pics, must be goin pretty well since you haven't updated or come here to vent...thanks.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
This thread hit before I had returned. You got your hair transplant, thats great Zak. I know you wernt happy with your hair as it was.

Heres hopin you have a sweet head of hair in a years time.

notshaggy

Reaction score
Good luck

Thanks for taking the time to post pictures. You are helping many guys, (both members and lurkers) who may get a transplant in the near future. Hope it goes/grows well and you keep us posted with updates.

G

Dude, you're fC*king 19-20 and you were already that bald. YOu better hope this doctor placed those graft nicely, because believe me brother, those are going to be showing soon. All the power to you, and I wilsh you the best of luck. But man, a scar and receding hairline at 19-20. You ahould have stayed on meds for another 5 years and then consider hair transplant. Or at least got FUE's to boost your hairline a bit. At least theres no scar.

Anyway good luck. I know it's hard.

G

It also looks like there was some shock loss around donor. How's that going.

Hairybush1

Established Member
Reaction score
Its been awhile since zak last posted. I would guess that he's either very happy about his transplant or he's jumped off a building.

Lets hope its the first one.

How goes the transformation zak?

nomad

Established Member
Reaction score
Hairybush1 said:
Its been awhile since zak last posted. I would guess that he's either very happy about his transplant or he's jumped off a building.

Lets hope its the first one.

How goes the transformation zak?

yeah zak what is the story here man. you just gone up and bailed on us. fill us in sometime soon.

nomad

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Zak I was wondering if the doctor was reluctant to perform your hair transplant since your so young. Im 21 and cant find a single person who would be willing to perform a hair transplant on me.

The pics look good. The stitches are still in when the picture was taken thats why the scar is so apparent right? Eventually the line will be virtually undetecable unless your cut your hair too close?

Thanks for any info...

Basketballhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Was Cooley reluctant to work withyou because of your young age? How much did the procedure cost you? Im 21 and have saved enough money for a hair transplant although I am planning on waiting another year for a procedure so that I can stabilize my hair loss (currently on propecia and nizoral). Any advice for another young who has diffuse thinning like yourself? By the way have you tried any concealer products to hide your thinning they would def work well on your hair type. Dermatch and prothik are my favorite.

G

I've just re-read this whole thread.

Interesting.

I'm very interested to see what Zach looks like now.

Where are you Zach?

G

Yeah Zak, we need an update.

Bad luck Gunner for last Sunday.... he he

kiwi1973

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi Zak

I see that your back posting on the forums how did your Hair transplant turn out?