Hairs Of Different Colors And Thicknesses

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! So I was looking at the hairs on my head today and noticed that even though these hairs are growing in the same area and are the same length, one is blonde and not as thick while the other one is nearly black and also thicker. They both seem to growing well since they are the same length, probably about 8 inches in length. I've been about a NW1.5 for at least two years.

Is it possible that the blonde one is miniaturizing? I thought miniaturized hairs couldn't grow this long? Or could it be that I have two different types of hair gene expression on my head? Others hairs on my body seem to be this way as well, namely facial hair and arm and leg hair. The hair on my head is thick and curly/wavy. Thanks!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170812-111943.png
    Screenshot_20170812-111943.png
    415.7 KB · Views: 255
Last edited:

Armando Jose

My Regimen
Reaction score
The thickness of a hair depend from the number of cells in dermal papilla. Clearly these hairs are diferent.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
My original hair is dark brown. As baldness had progressed, my hair became lighter and lighter. Miniaturizated hair follicles tend to produce pigmentless, lifeless light coloured hair. It is a part of balding.

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
My original hair is dark brown. As baldness had progressed, my hair became lighter and lighter. Miniaturizated hair follicles tend to produce pigmentless, lifeless light coloured hair. It is a part of balding.

Yeah I'm aware of that but I thought they don't grow long? My less dark hairs still grow long like my dark ones.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah I'm aware of that but I thought they don't grow long? My less dark hairs still grow long like my dark ones.
They grow long in the early stages. As miniaturization progresses, they either don't grow long or stay in telogen phase for much longer and look like theres no hair in that follicle. It is definitely possible for a depigmented hair to grow long.

dr75

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Here's an example: I think this is especially true for dark blond men. I've similar hair characteristics as Prince William and i experienced the same thing over the years. Propecia reversed mine, though.

Pre-Androgenetic Alopecia: Hair is overall the same colour, similar density.
prince-william-1998.jpg

Early Androgenetic Alopecia: Androgen-affected area is substiantially lighter colour compared with sides. This is not because of the sunlight or the angle, He stil had hair and those depigmented hairs were growing longer but not as long as sides and back. Density on top is decreasing as time goes by.
prince-william-2008.jpg

The inevitable:
f146a2cfb744be40aa9c45301203ab1e.jpg

doyle11

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus christ. Prince william looks awful with a short haircut and advanced balding. He looks mid 40s. Poor man

shookwun

Reaction score
A slow and patient reminder of your fate.

Dirty brown hair tends to be the worst. Goes from course colour to a light ratty brown/blonde showing your norwood pattern

stump

Established Member
Reaction score
A slow and patient reminder of your fate.

Dirty brown hair tends to be the worst. Goes from course colour to a light ratty brown/blonde showing your norwood pattern

Thing is, my body and facial hair varies in color as well. And these lighter hairs are anywhere on my head as well, not just temples/crown and I have a thick head of hair