Hair's Not Growing On Spots Where Dermapen Has Been Used?

pizzadriver1933

My Regimen
Reaction score
..so this hopefully is not me, i'm using a dermapen, and i've seen some thinning over the time, but i had never guessed this could come from using the Dermapen. But every now and then on reddit i see people mentioning that they can't grow hair on spots where they microneedled for some time.

So on first glance i would say this is pretty unlikely as you're using the needle-device over the whole affected area and not just spots. But thinking about it, my dermapen is affecting certain areas different than others.

Could you imagine a scenario where microneedling would damage the scalp so that no more hair would grow?

Looking on my head with that info in mind, i see some areas on my scalp that are not as dense as others and it makes me a little paranoid lol.

Derelict

My Regimen
Reaction score
I worried about this too, that along with the pen pulling out big chunks of hair made me start using the roller instead. I was using the dr.pen ultima a6 at 2.5mm for about 3 or 4 months once a week. I hope i have not done any permanent damage. I think it's not something to worry about it though, lots of people are using this on their scalp and i haven't seen anyone complain about this.