Hairmax Lasercomb

MacGuinness

Reaction score
has anyone used the Hairmax Lasercomb or know anything about it? because i've read up on it and only seen good things and i'm seriously thinking about purchasing it. anyone know about the FDA approval they're trying to get? and how it is is going?

Whoome?

Established Member
Reaction score
hey heh... i know ya wont get much replies from this.
There isn't that many ppl using it as combared to other treatments like finasteride, or minoxidil. But there are a few ppl including myself who have been using it and believes in it. It is definetly not the miracle product like they advertise... it does not combat the male pattern baldness which is the dht.. so I would suggest you get on something for the DHT, so far the only positive results from the lasercomb that i've experienced and also confirmed with others is scalp health, it does promote scalp health... and makes your hair "feel" better. There are of course other claims which i've seen on here and HLH which claims that it did everything from promoting hair strength, maximizing the effect that minoxidil,and increased hair count, helpful along the hairlines. Now all these i cannot confirm myself... since I myself have not seen those results.... but the decision is yours..

Axon

Reaction score
No, there is some legitimate info showing that the lasercomb has a fair effect vs. male pattern baldness. It's up for FDA testing at this point.

Flux uses it if I recall correctly.

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
the laser comb is clinically proven to make your hair more dense and coarse, which is reason enough to buy it

some believe it is also a growth stimulant which is really good for people like me who dont use minoxidil

the best way to fight male pattern baldness is to use an inhibitor and a growth stimulant, so if you want to say no to minoxidil, the lasercomb could possibly be your saving grace

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm surprised. Posts about this laser comb used to have very critical responses from posters here. Sometimes not even any response at all. And now i notice people being more positive and hoping about it. What happened?

A

Administrator

Khai -

The sarcasm is unnecessary. We are all already aware that you consider yourself a "Free Thinker" and that those who demand clinical data are considered by you to be "Narrow minded". Just contribute. Don't add shady comments.

HairLossTalk.com Admin

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
there's a reason why people demand clincal data khai, safety and effectiveness. i trust licensed professionals conducting semi unbias test than the word of an unqualified stranger. it's not called being narrow minded, it's called being intelligent

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
Sorry if i come across as sarcastic. The reason i get on this forum and not any other is i'm actually a rationalist who, just like you, prefers clinical data. And yes, I'm also interested in alternative paths and unanswered aspects of male pattern baldness. Anyway, my question was actually serious and not ironical. I noticed a revived interest for this laser comb here in the last few days and can't find any reason why this happens suddenly.

flux

Experienced Member
Reaction score
khai, even though the FDA is still analizing the data, HairLossTalk.com.com recently reported on a recent study that showed that the LC had positive results. Check "The Latest News In Hair Loss" in the upper left corner of this window.

Yes, I have a LC, but actually, I dont use it. I keep meaning to restart LC treatment. I think it will help the finasteride and min kick my follicles back into action, if nothing else, by optimizing scalp condition.

jblig

Established Member
Reaction score
khai, you havent shampooed your hair since summer? wash it!!!! and definately with nizoral every three days,,,,,rinsing with water is not beneficial to the scalp....

cyberprimate

Established Member
Reaction score
rinsing with water is not beneficial to the scalp....

jblig,
Maybe. The reason i've stopped using shampoos is i always had bad reactions from all those i had tried over the years. Not extremely bad just recurrent itching. Even though i used the softest shampoos, my scalp felt very dry after and very oily the following day, as if my scalp overreacted. Then someone mentioned the idea of not using a shampoo but a brown clay that removes the sebum, but doesn't contain any form of soap or real cleaning agent. I found it in several health food shops in London. It's called Lavaerde (that's the brand name). It worked really well. Much less irritation.

But then i moved back to Paris where i haven't found this product yet. And since then i've decided to give a try to that "no shampoo, just rinsing" thing i had heard as well. Of course shampoo is not the primary cause of hairloss but having a healthy scalp is definitely an issue, isn't it? Anyway, since i've stopped washing it, my scalp has been ok, not really better than before but just without any itching whatsoever. No noticeable hair shed. It doesn't look or feel more oily neither, maybe a little bit less but i'm not totally certain. As to the smell, my girlfriend says she didn't noticed any change and she's got a VERY fine nose. I have a very short hair cut (0,5 cm) which helps and I rinse my scalp everyday and after any sustained physical effort like running or cycling.

All this being said, I've got no theory regarding this choice really, and don't claim this is the solution to stop male pattern baldness at all. Maybe it actually accelerates slightly my hair loss and i haven' noticed it yet, and maybe i should use Nizoral,... but still i just wonder if my current choice isn't actually wise. Using it means i'd have to wash my scalp again, (or maybe not necessarily?...). Anyway, I don't know.

flux,
the laser comb study looks pretty promising... Let's all cross fingers.

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
laser comb/shampoo

khia and others
I am a new poster and I just wanted to say hello and thanks for contributing to such a helpful forum. I am intereested in the laser comb as well,especially after the recent study. I am 41 and have treating my loss for over 20 years. Biotin,Polysorbate 80, ulta violet rakes, minoxidil, spironolactone, the list goes on. About 3 years ago I read "The Bald Truth" got on proscar and thats when I began to get results. I then added 5% minoxidil, and got better reults. Went to 12.5 Xandrox, still better. Now Im on the 15%, not sure if its better than the 12.5 but its a lot easier.

I am very fortunate this combination has given me most of my hair back. I do have a very small "horseshoe" that wont completely fill in. Call me greedy but I'd like to have that little area filled in too.

I am thinking since there are vellus hairs in that area the laser comb might be a good addition versus a "touch up" transplant.

Khai, as far as shampoo you may want to give a shampoo called "scalp scripts" a try. No sls or harsh chemicals, and its formulated specifically for guys/ladies w/ thinning hair. hlcconline.com, good luck..

ColtsFan

zak84

Established Member
Reaction score
if you think anything short of anna kournikova as your wife is better versus a hair transplant you should have your head examined :lol:

if you have the money for a transplant, there's really no reason not to get one

also, if you have any kind of "horse shoe" pattern to your head, you will not be getting a "touch up", you will be getting 1000 grafts at the bare minimum, possible closer to 2500, if you want to completely fill in and restore a decent hairline

2500 would cost anywhere from 7,500$ to 25,000$

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
On a positive note, transplant doctors are now doing a procedure called FUE (FUT, etc) they all have their own three letter abbreviation for it ... where there is no strip of skin removed from the back of the head, stitches, etc required. This has made the experience less traumatic for everyone. You have to qualify (hair type has to be right, skin health, etc) but if you do, its worth going to a doctor who offers it as an option.

Off the top of my head, Dr. Alan Bauman in Florida offers it (http://www.baumanmedical.com), and is highly esteemed in his work, as does New Hair Institute (http://www.newhair.com).

I believe you have the option of selecting how much hair you want to transplant in that scenario as well, as they selectively remove follicles from the back, instead of forceably taking a strip of skin with hair on it.

HairLossTalk.com

ColtsFan

Established Member
Reaction score
laser comb

well when I say horseshoe, It actually looks like a miniature helicopter landed on my head leaving to "parts" I have hair in the middle, so I really just need to fill in one of the "parts" Thats why I think it would just be a touch up. My thinking was that because I still had vellus hairs within the 2 "parts" maybe the laser comb would kick those follicles in where the minoxidil and proscar had been unable to.

Mainly looking to see if anyone has had luck converting vellus to terminal using laser therapy?

thanks,

ColtsFan