Hairmax Laser Comb (Admin's Opinion)

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Admin I was just curious as to what your opinion is of Hairmax's Laser Brush? If it recieved FDA approval for regrowing hair why isn't there more talk about it? And why isn't there a section for it in the hair loss treatments section next to Rogaine and Propecia?

TheOliviaTremorControl

Established Member
Reaction score
Its not FDA approved for regrowing hair.

It is FDA approved, yes, but no for growing hair.

FDA approval merely means that they've verified it and it seems unlikely to blind people, catch fire, cause botulism, et cetera.

Regulatory authority approval for oddball medical devices usually only means they've been tested for basic safety. Sometimes all it means is that the manufacturers have paid to be put on a list.

LLLT (Low Level Laser Therapy) has been FDA approved for years; Many sports physicians use LLLT to help the process of healing and pain relief of muscle and ligament tissue and many other ailments.

bubka

Reaction score
Fallout Boy said:
Admin I was just curious as to what your opinion is of Hairmax's Laser Brush? If it recieved FDA approval for regrowing hair why isn't there more talk about it? And why isn't there a section for it in the hair loss treatments section next to Rogaine and Propecia?
not FDA "approved," it is FDA "cleared"

which means it uses something that somebody else already tested as safe

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have sort of related question. I know alot of people bash the hairmax laser here, but it gets 5 stars on the HairLossTalk.com men's proven treatments page.... whats up with that? (i use it myself since it doesn't cause me to lose anything...so I'll take the off chance it does something beneficial)

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I always thought it was FDA approved for hair regrowth. If it’s not then what a waste of £££. I really should start to use it again. I used for about a month until i just got bored and it made my arm ache.

bubka

Reaction score
money.jpg

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
LOL. I think he was saying that I have wasted my hard earned cash. Sadly i think he is right, never mind ay.

Or maybe both.

bubka

Reaction score
i don't know if he was bribed, but we have not had one single documented "success story" of the laser comb here

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
You you are right... hmm. The overall concept of photobiostimulation is proven and sound though. I wish we could get a legit study on this.

Fallout Boy

Experienced Member
Reaction score
No Hairmax claims that its been FDA approved to REGROW HAIR and that its only the 3rd treatment to be FDA approved to REGROW hair. Rogaine, Propecia, and Hairmax Laser Comb. This is what their website states.

bubka

Reaction score
Fallout Boy said:
No Hairmax claims that its been FDA approved to REGROW HAIR and that its only the 3rd treatment to be FDA approved to REGROW hair. Rogaine, Propecia, and Hairmax Laser Comb. This is what their website states.
NO IT IS NOT

IT IS "FDA CLEARED" as a safe laser device

then they add it, to regrow hair

this debate has been settled so many times before, it is not FDA APPROVED TO REGROW HAIR

Def

Established Member
Reaction score
It's been issued a 510(k) which means it is as safe as predicate devices, but the FDA certificate expressly states that it is effective in regrowing hair. There was a clinical study attached. It's not FDA approved in the same way as Propecia and Minoxidil because it is a device and not a drug and does not need to be. All you do is say "it's a scam" and it's not "FDA approved" - that's not settling anything and is completely at odds with the clinical study that suggests it is not a scam. I think LLLT has more promising studies than many of the other treatments people on HairLossTalk.com use. Or are you suggesting that Lexington's study is fraudulent? The FDA initially rejected their 510(k) application because the study wasn't to a proper standard, they repeated it and resubmitted, so I would suggest the study is genuine. Either way, I think there's more to suggest that LLLT is somewhat effective than not.

whitemogs

Reaction score
ill have to agree with def on this one, you see tons of people bashing the hairmax lasercomb, even though it is FDA APPROVED. im not going to argue if its for safety or regrowing hair, but i do think some guys here need to settle down on bashing the lasercomb. I to believe it has some benefits, and i do own one, using it in conjunction with other things so i cant specifically say what its done. just because you dont want to lay out the cash, dont make the comb out to be a scam, because surely it isin't. im pretty sure it can regrow atleast 1 hair, that means REGROWTH. dont bash what you havent tried, and by tried i mean 6months + :firing: hairmax bashers

zurih

Reaction score
I'm kinda dis-agree with you guys.
I'm using the hairmax like 1.5 month, and even now I notice a change.
I noticed that my hair grows faster, and some new hair in couple of areas what I never had hair before.

I'm using it with Minoxidil 5% (started using minoxidil like 2 years).

So the recent change is definitely thanks to the laser comb.

Ouroboros

Established Member
Reaction score
As for myself, I'm still not sure if the comb has done anything; but I've been using it for almost a year now and people have been coming up to me and saying that my hair has noticeably "thickened up". I thought so myself but other people saying it without me leading into it makes me think there is a high chance that it is true. The only other treatments I am using are nizoral and Tricomin, so it could be the comb and/or them. I am not on propecia/minoxidil for a variety of reasons; but due to this there is a higher chance in my case that the comb is at least partly responsible for my regrowth (less variables).

Follically Challenged

Experienced Member
Reaction score
http://www.fda.gov/cdrh/pdf6/K060305.pdf
http://www.fda.gov/centennial/centennia ... ide29.html

It'd be my guess bubka is right on this one.

But make your own conclusions.

This is what I'm seeing though: No study data for anything from the HairMax LaserComb or for similar predicate devices. My guess would be because the FDA didn't really care if laser devices regrew hair or not some 30 years back, and only cared that people would not burn their heads when trying. So whatever the word was back then...either "approved" or "cleared"...the standard for approval for medical devices back then was most likely not the same as for what the standard for drug approval is today.

bubka

Reaction score
whitemogs said:
ill have to agree with def on this one, you see tons of people bashing the hairmax lasercomb, even though it is FDA APPROVED. im not going to argue if its for safety or regrowing hair, but i do think some guys here need to settle down on bashing the lasercomb. I to believe it has some benefits, and i do own one, using it in conjunction with other things so i cant specifically say what its done. just because you dont want to lay out the cash, dont make the comb out to be a scam, because surely it isin't. im pretty sure it can regrow atleast 1 hair, that means REGROWTH. dont bash what you havent tried, and by tried i mean 6months + :firing: hairmax bashers
RETARDS, say after me, "FDA Approved," not "FDA cleared." Big difference

whitemogs

Reaction score
bubka said:
whitemogs said:
RETARDS, say after me, "FDA Approved," not "FDA cleared." Big difference

lol dude relax time of the month again i see, u need to get high or something. whatever the case, it works and i dont care what anyone thinks, just figured my info would help since it did help me out. i reap the benefits, say what you will :punk: