Hairmail.co.uk anyone used them before?

DarkDreams

My Regimen
Reaction score
I seen a Swiss lace stock hair system on there for £195 which is crazy cheap.
And it would cut out the import taxes and shipping from say NewLaceCU or similar.
As I'm on a very tight budget and want to try a full lace base.
However has anyone heard of Hairmail.co.uk?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
It may not be a scam, but it might just be a very low-quality system. What does a Google search say about them?

albar05

Established Member
Reaction score
I can't find any reviews...

But they have an Instagram with pics,etc.
i would send them an email and ask them to email you images of the system they are selling that you want to buy. They obvs could still scam you , but its just another precaution to try i guess. :)

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I can't find any reviews...

But they have an Instagram with pics,etc.
Yeah, but... hmm... the question is can you afford to take a risk? You get a system pre-cut, so once you get it... you are stuck right? Not trying to be a downer, just trying to look out for you.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Honestly think you are better off finding an independent stylist who will do a remote cut in and ship them the piece once you've inspected it, they'll probably do a better job than the factory stylist. I know of a few in the states who are affordable, though I've never used them personally.

200 GBP is about the most I've ever paid for a stock, even post-pandemic. Doesn't sound particularly cheap. I personally have not seen any correlation between quality and price.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm aware, hence references to "the states" and "GBP" in my post.

I checked and none of the companies I have dealt with at the lower price point are offering full lace systems currently.

I am wondering how high can the import taxes possibly be that it's cheaper to order within the UK, the exchange rate is so favorable for you Brits.

If you sent the piece to a stylist in the US to cut in, you would certainly pay more for shipping than for their services. However, it might still be cheaper than going to a salon in the UK. If you want names PM me.

There are probably stylists in the UK who offer remote services- that would be your best bet for getting it cut in.

Never dealt with Newlacecu. They've come up a lot on this forum, so if you search for newlacecu I'm sure you'll find others' feedback.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Actually, most vendors will be happy to put you in touch with a stylist who can do remote work unless they offer their own in-house styling service that they want you to use.

HairlessWhisper

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And if I have to resort to importing hair systems from China say NewLaceCU.
I wish I knew a way to calculate things like import taxes, so I don't get hit with an amount I can't pay.

As far as i can tell it's a 2% duty and *maybe* standard VAT. I think it's going to be cheaper for you to order from overseas.

Surely DIY wearers in the UK are importing their pieces? Hopefully someone can confirm.