Hairmagic update

latecomer

Established Member
Reaction score
sounds good. i would love to see some pics of results. somehow i dont think this is a scam as it looks liek its a company on the stock market. wish i bought some shares when they were at 30 cents each!!!

G

latecomer said:
sounds good. i would love to see some pics of results. somehow i dont think this is a scam as it looks liek its a company on the stock market. wish i bought some shares when they were at 30 cents each!!!

Just because the company is on the stock market, it does not mean that it will work.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
I don't see any listing for "Gulf Biomedical Corporation" in the phone book here in Houston. If I had a way to contact them, I'd call them up and pump them for more information...

Bryan

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Great! I'm calling that joker first thing tomorrow, to see what I can find out! :wink:

Bryan

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Great! I'm calling that joker first thing tomorrow, to see what I can find out! :wink:

Bryan

I will be watching this thread for his responses to your questions. Grow hair in 4 weeks is it.

Well I suppose guarded optimism is in order here. :roll:

Petchsky

Reaction score
Bryan said:

Bryan

Don't go easy on 'em now Bryan... Looking forward to hear what bullshit he comes out with. :money:

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ok, I called Donald E. West (the CEO of Gulf Biomedical Inc.) a couple of hours ago, and had a pleasant chat with him. He seems to be a nice enough fellow. He acknowledged that he himself is NOT a medical or technical type of person, but a businessman who's heading the operation. He said that a certain group of medically-oriented people here (he implied they were associated in some way with the Texas Medical Center, the vast array of hospitals and medical research organizations here in the heart of Houston) thought-up the idea for "Hairmagic", and (presumably) came to him for developing it as a product.

As you might expect, he wouldn't divulge the exact ingredient in the product (the main hairgrowth-stimulating capsule consists of only ONE specific ingredient, he told me), saying that it was a company secret. However, he was very adamant about one thing: he practically yelled in my ear that it absolutely positively does NOT contain saw palmetto! :) He did admit, though, that the key ingredient was some natural substance which was very safe. "Is it some kind of herbal ingredient?" I asked him, and he seemed to acknowledge that it WAS of herbal origin. That's as far as he would go as to its identity. He did say that it was a STIMULANT type of substance, as opposed to an ANTIANDROGENIC type of substance. However, I'm not absolutely confident that he was thoroughly familiar with the distinction, since he's not really a technically-oriented type.

I asked him to discuss that preliminary trial with me some more. He claimed that yes, ALL of the 70 subjects had a positive response. Every single one of them! He said that they didn't take haircounts, but simply judged from before-and-after photographs of the subjects' heads. He said that people familiar with this area of medicine think that the response was MUCH better what you get with Rogaine. He also said that a more scientifically thorough trial is already in progress as we speak, which I believe he said will involve haircounts. He couldn't tell me exactly when that trial would be finished.

He seemed to be needing to leave soon (it was getting close to 5:00 PM here), so he asked me for my email address. He said he'd email me an amusing story later about how the product first came to be developed. I told him I'd look forward to reading that.

Something I neglected to mention to him is that I also live here in Houston. I may call him back later and tell him that I'd like to see those before-and-after photos myself; if he hasn't scanned them into emailable form, then I'll tell him I'm willing to drive over to wherever he is and take a look at the original prints myself.

Bryan

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Something I neglected to mention to him is that I also live here in Houston. I may call him back later and tell him that I'd like to see those before-and-after photos myself; if he hasn't scanned them into emailable form, then I'll tell him I'm willing to drive over to wherever he is and take a look at the original prints myself.

Bryan

Thanks for the update Bryan, if you get to see those pics, ask him if I can drive by also, this I got to see.

Maybe he will give you samples, you would certainly be good PR for them if you came on these forums and had positive comments.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Holy crap, I forgot a couple of things!!

He said he anticipates that the price of Hairmagic will be about $64 for a month's supply (I think he said that includes shipping and handling). He said don't hold him to that figure, it's just what he currently THINKS will be the approximate price.

He also said that they're having some minor technical problems in getting the product ready, so it'll probably be a while longer before it's actually shipping.

Bryan

michael barry

Reaction score
I must mention (and Im sure Bryan agrees with me) that this "secrecy" regarding a product is the most infuriating thing about male pattern baldness and those hoping to treat themselves for it. If alopecia is a DISEASE as the AMA is deigned it, then any new research ought to be shared. Cancer is a disease, and researchers dont hide their findings griping about others may make money off of it.

On another note, I reread the diagnose-me.com site's article on baldness. Bryan may enjoy that they noted a study that bald men had 2.6 times less blood flow and twice as many androgen receptors that men without male pattern baldness. They also noted sebaceous glands in the now-balding Japanese men are much larger and more active than they used to be now that Animal fats are in their diets like ours are. I think these three notes are useful and are indicative that we can speed up baldness with bad habits.

guy83

Established Member
Reaction score
Michael barry, I agree with you about the secrecy regarding the product's ingredient.. but dont you think that, suppose this is really "hair magic" and this would might be the ultimate product to fight hair loss, that other companies and clinics would try to get a dose and analyse the pill? I'd assume they would try to break it down and figure out the ingredient, once that happens other companies would produce the same drug, and eventually the cost of the drug would drop.

hmm.. what do you guys think?

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
Bryan said:
Ok, I called Donald E. West (the CEO of Gulf Biomedical Inc.) a couple of hours ago, and had a pleasant chat with him. He seems to be a nice enough fellow. He acknowledged that he himself is NOT a medical or technical type of person, but a businessman who's heading the operation. He said that a certain group of medically-oriented people here (he implied they were associated in some way with the Texas Medical Center, the vast array of hospitals and medical research organizations here in the heart of Houston) thought-up the idea for "Hairmagic", and (presumably) came to him for developing it as a product.

As you might expect, he wouldn't divulge the exact ingredient in the product (the main hairgrowth-stimulating capsule consists of only ONE specific ingredient, he told me), saying that it was a company secret. However, he was very adamant about one thing: he practically yelled in my ear that it absolutely positively does NOT contain saw palmetto! :) He did admit, though, that the key ingredient was some natural substance which was very safe. "Is it some kind of herbal ingredient?" I asked him, and he seemed to acknowledge that it WAS of herbal origin. That's as far as he would go as to its identity. He did say that it was a STIMULANT type of substance, as opposed to an ANTIANDROGENIC type of substance. However, I'm not absolutely confident that he was thoroughly familiar with the distinction, since he's not really a technically-oriented type.

I asked him to discuss that preliminary trial with me some more. He claimed that yes, ALL of the 70 subjects had a positive response. Every single one of them! He said that they didn't take haircounts, but simply judged from before-and-after photographs of the subjects' heads. He said that people familiar with this area of medicine think that the response was MUCH better what you get with Rogaine. He also said that a more scientifically thorough trial is already in progress as we speak, which I believe he said will involve haircounts. He couldn't tell me exactly when that trial would be finished.

He seemed to be needing to leave soon (it was getting close to 5:00 PM here), so he asked me for my email address. He said he'd email me an amusing story later about how the product first came to be developed. I told him I'd look forward to reading that.

Bryan

Good research Bryan
Whatever the single ingredient is, "it" wouldn't be sufficient on its own to encourage significant new growth. "It" might support in some as yet unquantified way. Many or most of those who have been persuaded to use "it" will also be trying finasteride, nizoral, saw palmetto, Emu oil etc. Unless you lock people up in a controlled environment for a year or two, you won't be able to verify the purity of such an experiment.
What they are selling is pure unadulterated bullshit in capsule form. A good con man is always convincing, he wants to talk to you. A genuine miracle worker doesn't need to talk out of his hat about something he doesn't understand. Even if "it" is natural, they must tell us what is in it, or they could be selling something toxic, as are many traditional Chinese herbals. Only idiots will swallow something so mysterious. This "magic" should be seen for what it is, a marketing con. It might just have some minor effectiveness, but all of us here should shun it as an insult to our consumer rights.
Boru

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
Only idiots will swallow something so mysterious. This "magic" should be seen for what it is, a marketing con. It might just have some minor effectiveness, but all of us here should shun it as an insult to our consumer rights.
Boru

I could be convinced, if I met all 70 people who supposedly grew hair and also saw plenty of "verifiable pictures" (whatever that is) of before and after.

I would also need to meet these supposed medical professionals that developed this "miracle" treatment. I live in Houston so I would certainly make time to do so, I would be glad to drop by their offices in the Med Center.

Of course none of the above will EVER happen to me or anyone else.

Also I will tell you that if I had such a "miracle" I would ask a great deal more than the $65 USD estimated to be its cost.

I'd love to be wrong, but I'm not. :lol:

Boru

Established Member
Reaction score
"Hairmagic" could be simply a licorice extract (glycyrrhetinic acid), which is the subject of studies in Japan.

d_umberly

Established Member
Reaction score
gonna_win said:
fingers crossed!

gonna_win, better cross your toes as well on this one!!