HairLossTalk.com Statistics…..depressing

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
HairLossTalk.com Statistics:
228089 Articles
13032 Registered users
185 Success stories

Why do we have so few success stories in this forum?
1-.Is it because people have success with their treatments and leave the forum without posting?
2-.Or is it that the current treatments just work for very few people?

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Keep in mind that large portion of those topics in the Success Stories! Forum aren't even success stories; many are misplaced threads.

Also keep in mind that only a small percentage of those who register actually particpate or have particpated in the forums.

The reason there are so few success stories is two-fold:

1) The great majority of people who respond well to treatment have no need to visit the hairloss forums ever again. (If you visited a depression forum and became cured of your depression, would you go back to hang out with all the depressed people?)

2) This hairloss forum, HairLossTalk.com, doesn't have the large participation that the various other hairloss websites have.

Just keep in mind that the proven treatments are PROVEN, and they certainly work for the majority of men.

Make your own sucess story. Get on the treatments, check back in periodically, and record it.

There's no reason to doubt that there aren't legit treatments available.

There are.

Here is a good place to get started on finding the proven, legit treatments.

Strat54

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 wrote:
1) The great majority of people who respond well to treatment have no need to visit the hairloss forums ever again. (If you visited a depression forum and became cured of your depression, would you go back to hang out with all the depressed people?)

No I wouldn’t go back and hang out with them. But I’ll certainly post a success story to give them some hope so they’ll continue with their treatment.

TheGlamorous

Established Member
Reaction score
Strat54 said:
Aplunk1 wrote:

No I wouldn’t go back and hang out with them. But I’ll certainly post a success story to give them some hope so they’ll continue with their treatment.

That's true. So would I. But then, I don't know. Hm....

:roll:

ang_99

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say #2 but for a reason.

I think most people get on treatments waaaay too late and the treatments today simply dont do that good of a job. Meaning they wont bring back terrible looking hair to good looking hair. It just doesnt happen. So somebody with really shitty hair is not going to be happy with what current treatments can do.

The vast majority of success comes from maintanence and maybe slight regrowth but not enough to make a cosmetic difference. Of course very few people have seen crazy results but I think thats equivalent to hitting the lottery in some respect.

So start treatments at first sign of hairloss people.

my .02