HairLossTalk.com- I got a question for ya! Please answer

lideratot

Reaction score
I checked out your picture, and you have the EXACT same type of diffuse thinning at the front like I do- it's scary. Anyway, I know you use Revivogen, which is what i use, and i think it may have helped me maintain. Thing is, my frontal diffuse hairline is getting a bit worse, maybe, and I really want to save/regrow it- I can't use propecia cause of the sides. I just have 3 quick questions

1- Do you think I should start minoxidil on the front?

2- Do you think it'll regrow/thicken it, and maintain what I have?
I'm also concerned that a shed would make it look even worse than it is now- do you think minoxidil would do that, or would it be unnoticable.

3Finally, why don't you use minoxidil?
Thanks a bunch

straycat

Reaction score
1. yes.

2. sheds are common with minoxidil so be prepared. it can work, or not. it depends on the person. hairloss is an odds battle. if you stop taking it, the diffuse thinning may turn into plain baldness.

3. he had bad side effects and dropped out.

4. i don't think he'll reply. he's a moderator.

bombscience

Reaction score
lideratot said:
I checked out your picture, and you have the EXACT same type of diffuse thinning at the front like I do- it's scary. Anyway, I know you use Revivogen, which is what i use, and i think it may have helped me maintain. Thing is, my frontal diffuse hairline is getting a bit worse, maybe, and I really want to save/regrow it- I can't use propecia cause of the sides. I just have 3 quick questions

1- Do you think I should start minoxidil on the front?

2- Do you think it'll regrow/thicken it, and maintain what I have?
I'm also concerned that a shed would make it look even worse than it is now- do you think minoxidil would do that, or would it be unnoticable.

3Finally, why don't you use minoxidil?
Thanks a bunch

My advice based on research, not on experience would be to try adding spironolactone to your regimen.

straycat

Reaction score
yeh, though minoxidil can work on the front (some claim it doesn't but it just wasn't tested there, on the trials) i think it works better on the crown and top.