HairLossTalk.com forum etiquette--is there anything I should know?

Owl Jolson

Reaction score
It takes me awhile to pick up on things. What should you do and not do on here? How should a post be written so as to elicit a response? What annoys people? What pleases them?
Owl

Petchsky

Reaction score
Don't write huge posts with no paragraphs

G

go search for the 'just gone senior...' thread pretty much everything you need to know is there.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Yes, dont mention his weiner. And type coherently. And don't listen to people who are alarmists and are freaking out about their hair. And don't start sentences with the word "And". Its bad grammar.

HairLossTalk.com

Oh - and before you ask any questions, go to the home page of this site, and type some key words related to your question in that search box. You'd be surprised how much info you'll find!

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
You'll get along just fine with ME, at least, if you assiduously avoid doing any of the following:

1) Claim that finasteride for hairloss was an "accidental discovery".

2) Use the expression "DHT inhibitor".

3) Use the words "lose" and "loose" interchangeably.

4) Assume that you have to mix Retin-A with minoxidil to get a good effect.

Bryan

Resultsnottypical

Established Member
Reaction score
number 1

Bryan: I thought #1 was true? I thought they discovered it worked for hairloss after noting that patients taking it for BPH started growing hair.

?

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Nope. That's just about attained the status of being an Urban Legend in the hairloss community! I suspect that just because minoxidil for hairloss actually WAS an accidental discovery, a lot of people just naturally assumed that it was the same for finasteride! The truth is that Merck knew all about the potential uses for good 5a-reductase inhibitors, and had dollar signs dancing in their heads at the very thought of using them for hairloss, hirsutism, BPH, acne, and other androgen-related disorders in which DHT played a major role. It was no accident at all.

Bryan

Deaner

Reaction score
After Merck accidentally discovered Propecia, I started using their fine DHT inhibitor product so I would stop loosing my hair.

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Everyone's a comedian...

Deaner

Reaction score
lol, sorry, way too tempting... but I know what you mean especially for points 2 and 3.

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Deaner, great quote :)

HairLossTalk.com

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
Damnit, I just KNEW I was forgetting one of my Pet Peeves, but I couldn't remember which one it was! Here's the full list below:

1) Claiming that finasteride for hairloss was an "accidental discovery".

2) Using the expression "DHT inhibitor".

3) Using the words "lose" and "loose" interchangeably.

4) Assuming that you have to mix Retin-A with minoxidil to get a good effect.

5) Using the expression "Norwood 0".

I'll say it before Deaner does: "Propecia, the accidentally discovered DHT inhibitor, will return you to a Norwood 0, and you won't loose hair anymore." :hairy:

Bryan

G

Bryan said:
"Propecia, the accidentally discovered DHT inhibitor, will return you to a Norwood 0, and you won't loose hair anymore." :hairy:

Bryan

This is doubtful indeed, for propecia to return someone to a Norwood 0 they would need to mix in some Retin-A.

Ty

Bryan

Staff member
Reaction score
HairlossTalk said:
However we all know that discovery of MY WEINER was an accident.

Actually, that statement reminds me of the so-called "pseudohermaphrodites" in the Dominican Republic, who are frequently assumed to be little girls at birth, and raised that way until puberty; then their penises actually ARE discovered by accident during the changes that accompany puberty, and the startled parents realize they don't have a little Juanita on their hands, but a little Juan! :shock:

Bryan

G

Bryan said:
HairlossTalk said:
However we all know that discovery of MY WEINER was an accident.

Actually, that statement reminds me of the so-called "pseudohermaphrodites" in the Dominican Republic, who are frequently assumed to be little girls at birth, and raised that way until puberty; then their penises actually ARE discovered by accident during the changes that accompany puberty, and the startled parents realize they don't have a little Juanita on their hands, but a little Juan! :shock:

Bryan

Hurricane Ivan is now called Ivana in the Dominican Republic!

Slartibartfast

Reaction score
Try not to post overly long punctuation free blocks of text just re-read it before you hit the submit button so your sure its coherent also dont say your regrowing you're hair unless your certain and dont start sentences with the word and and remember that the words lose and loose are interchangeable. Then just make sure youve red all the posts in the thread to avoid repeating what has already been said and then reread you're post for any obvious grammatical or orthographickle errors.

Slarti

G

And for fucks sake don't be swearing like some kind of f*****g bastard, remember swearing is for c*nts

blue

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Good point Ty..speaking of c*unts.

You know how they have a weather vane on top of barns to tell how fast the wind is blowing...well usually theres a rooster up there ..or c*** its the same animal really....you know why they have a c*** up on a weather vane?
cause if they had a c*** the wind would blow right through it!

Deaner

Reaction score
I dunno what kinda girls you hang out with, but if winds just allowed to blow right through that freely...