HAIRLOSS TREATMENT AND SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS

Reaction score
Hello everyone !

Let me introduce you with my dilema : I'm 22 and i've been lossing my hairs for 3 years. I've started to take propecia 1mg last august, 27th. So far, nothing incredible with propecia. I've lost more hairs, and what I've lost on my temples has been replaced by baby hairs (so I don't know if they are struggling to live, or are brand new healthy hairs). Nothing has grown back in the frontal hairline. Anyway, I intend to go until the 1 year mark.

A few days ago I 've started to put some Follicle Nutrient Serum on my scalp...

I have a skin problem called SEBORRHEIC DERMATITIS (means my sebaceous glands produce too much sebum :x )... For those who have this problem, I'd like to ask :

- Some dermatologists tell me that there is a close link between Seborrheic dermatitis and hair loss, any suggestion ?

- I'm thinking about giving a try to a minoxidil-based product. But since minoxidil solutions sometimes contains PPG and alcohol, I fear irritation (I commonly have flakes because of the seborrheic dermatitis). However, Dr Luwenberg (http://www.baldspot.com) told we that there was no problem using a minoxidil solution without PPG. Do you think it's a good advice ? He told me that a tretinoin mix could lessen dandruffs. ?

- next question for those who suffer from seborrheic dermatitis (about 10% of the population): Do you use minoxidil ? how do you react ?

Peace !

mak34

Reaction score
i have the same problem as you(SEBORRHOIC DERMATITIS).I use Fungoral shampoo wich is equivallent to nizoral(I can't find it in greece).It contains ketoconazol 2%(powerfull antifungal) and helps A LOT!I used an alcohol based minoxidil,and it made dermatitis worse.But since i started using fungoral my scalp feels great.I rotate it with a EUBOS antidandurff shampoo and seb derm is allmost gone :D .Good luck.

Reaction score
any result so far

Hi

thanks for your answer mak ! So, have you obtained any result so far . Since I've been taking propecia (8 month) my hair condition has worsened (I keep on loosing hair). I want to take it for 4 more months but I seriously doubt it will work for me.

I'm thinking to try a minoxidil solution without PPG,because of my seb dermatitis. Could you tell me more about Aminexil, what is itcomposed of ? how long have you been using it ? any improvement/increased loss noticed ?

thanks !
R.

mak34

Reaction score
My hair loss has been a very very slow process.I am losing hair for 14 years,i am 35 now and still no visible scalp,just some,allmost unnoticeable,thinning.Given that,and the fact that minoxidil(with ppg) irritated my scalp in a very bad way in the past,i decided to try something less agressive(aminexil).It has helped slowing hair loss and it is side effect free.No regrowth though.I 've been using it for 10 months (not religiously).But what i think is more important is to control seb derm by using nizoral,or whatever it is called in france.I can tell you for sure,seb derm makes you lose more hair and you should first take care of that,in order to have a clear picture of the effectiveness of any regimen.Looking at your regimen,i think you should stick with propecia for a full year if you want to make an accurate evaluation.I did not try the alcool free solution of minoxidil,so i can't comment on that.So my advice is:GET NIZORAL!!
Bonne chance. :)