Hairloss system providers in Germany or Switzerland

klagd999

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been recently deciding to try a hair system, mostly to gain confidence on the dating
Market, and also improve my chances in the job interview process. Does anybody have
experiences with providers in Germany/Switzerland specifically. I would prefer to keep the system
always on, and then go every month or so to a salon or so to replace the system. There is a company
called Top Cover Plus of which I like their subscription model quite a lot. 200 USD per month seems
fine. However I heard mixed reviews about this company. The down-side is also they only have salons
in Nuenberg and Berlin whereas I live in Switzerland so their distance is still far.

Any hints and experiences are appreciated :)

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I use TCP. They can be good but you need a good stylist who works with you to design the system you want.

I'd recommend either having a stylist that's close enough to you (let's say a couple of hours drive) , or you learn to maintain the system yourself - which isn't hard to do really. If you can maintain it yourself then you only have to visit the salon for each new system you buy, which could be 4 or 5 times a year.

klagd999

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have seen some comments on TCP or so which say they look really bad,.on some older threads here and also on YouTube video comments, however judging from videos and pictures I have seen they don't look so bad.

I guess you have found that they look realistic right? Can you comment a little bit how realistic TCPs look?

For me it would be fine to travel every 2 months to Bavaria to change them.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
You cant base your decision on random youtube comments, you dont know who's behind them or what their intention is.

My advice spend some time going through the recommendations on this site, and then check the various websites out.

My advice is dont joing any club/subscription. All you need is to find a supplier and if you cant cut it yourself find a stylist in your area to cut it for you.

Not sure why you would want to replace every month, theres no need for that. Costs should be pretty low.

At the end of the day theres never going to be one place everyone recommends, there will never be a site with only positive reviews.

Just stick to an established site, make sure you know what you want and understand the terms and conditions.

p.s. Not sure what style your after or how old you are but I would start with a unexposed hairline, it would be so much easier to deal with especially when you are new to all this. Plus thats a trendy style to have ATM. Once you learn more about it and get more confidence you could try different styles.

klagd999

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes but this subscription model they offer at TCP sounds like a steal tbh, I feel there must be a catch, even if I don't use it every month but just having the option to get a new system for this every month I would like sounds good

klagd999

My Regimen
Reaction score
And is it true I could just wear for these systems for 2 months straight or so? I'd like to minimize my own maintenance basically

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
TCP subscription is for the hair system only, not the service costs i.e. cut-in and maintenance, which vary depending on the salon. A cut-in can cost 200+ Euros and maintenance 100+ , so learn to do the maintenance yourself for sure.

If you take good care of the hair then a TCP system can last anywhere from 3 months to 6 months. I find a good balance between cost/looks is to change systems at 4 months because it does start looking haggard after that and will start to shed.

You can't wear a system 2 months straight. Possibly 2 weeks, but I remove/clean/re-apply my system every week. It just feels so much fresher and secure that way. Maintenance on UTS systems like these is quite easy, especially compared to lace.

As for how these systems look - I've posted lots of pictures of my system in the past, for example :
as well as other posts you can find.
Important to note that this is NOT a stock system! As I said above, work with a good stylist to create your own custom template.

And I agree with @mrdavies : if you can have a style that covers the hairline, then that is so much better and easier to deal with.

klagd999

My Regimen
Reaction score
I would probably still opt for the 200 per month deal, as I can get as many systems I want.

So if anybody could recommend me a good stylist in Southern Germany/Switzerland fur the customization/
cut-in etc. it would be amazing.

grincher

Experienced Member
Reaction score
My experience of TCP was from about 10 years ago. At the time, the pieces were not custom made more a tailored off the shelf piece, recoloured and thinned. At the start I wasnt as knowledgeable, but after a few months I realised the density was all wrong and "more a wall of hair"

As said that was from a decade ago, but even today I prefer to have full control of reattaching and designing (my piece) where and when I prefer rather than visiting a salon. Money wise, I spend £300-400 a year. Others will have a different viewpoint and thats fine as long as we have a balanced view

Hair2019

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
And is it true I could just wear for these systems for 2 months straight or so? I'd like to minimize my own maintenance basically

It's not possible to wear a hair system for 2 months straight. No tape or glue will hold that long, and even if they could it would be incredibly unhygienic and impractical since you need to shave the hair underneath as it grows back. I have a skin system with lace at the hairline and I wear it for on average of a month between reinstalls. I re-do the hairline on average of once a week, which is easy to do. I use Supertape (1 inch wide) for the back and sides (the skin part of the hair system) and Ghost Bond Platinum glue for the hairline. This works great. Most hair system wearers wear for on around 1 to 3 week between reattachment; I am lucky I am able to go up to a month.

As for maintenance, ideally you should learn to do it yourself and not be dependent on a salon. That will give you much more control over everything and if anything goes wrong you will be able to fix it yourself rather than having to go to salon. There's a bit of a learning curve for attaching, reattaching, cleaning and maintaining a hair system, but once you get the hang of it you'll be glad you did.

You also don't need to use a hair system provider in your own country. You can order from anywhere in the world. I use Esse Wigs in China, for example, who make great quality hair systems (both custom and stock) for a very reasonable price and they have excellent communication and fast delivery.