Hairloss stopped for now. Should i start taking finasteride?

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Last year, Jan 2007 i was lossing hair like crazy. Almost 200 - 300 hairs a day. I had a full head of hair before. Now i have a patch at the top of my head which is very thin and can see the scalp and the general thickness of my hair isn't great.

I currently use Rogane 5% and Procerin. I don't see hairs lose anymore when i shower or in general everyday. But hair is ok just not recovering, not falling out. It has been like this for 10 months now.

Should i take the risk of using finasteride? I am 23 and there is a good chance it could bring my hair back to its forma glory. The hair at the top of my head is there! Just very thin...finasteride could help.

Or will finasteride make my hair fall out again???

bubka

Reaction score
absolutely, your hair is thin and miniaturized because of dht, finasteride blocks most dht, thus reversing hairloss

what would be the "risk" ???

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Rogaine will halt hairloss temporarily. What it does is grow your hair where you apply it to thicker hairs but eventually your rogaine efforts will be meaningless since DHT will still be attacking your hair. If you use finasteride + Rogaine in chorus simultaneously then you will gain thicker healthier here while the DHT is being blocked so notionally you could immobilize any further progression permanently.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I have an appointment with my doctor tomorrow. I will ask if he will prescribe me Proscar. If not then i will get Propecia. I hope the side effects won't be too bad. I have read some horror stories.

bubka

Reaction score
you will not get sides, less than 2% ever do, and those who do, they are transient in that they go away after time while continual use of the drug

RaginDemon

Reaction score
bubka said:
you will not get sides, less than 2% ever do, and those who do, they are transient in that they go away after time while continual use of the drug

I wouldn't be so certain, but many have reported that sides gradually subsidies after a while.

abcdefg

Reaction score
Lets not lie to the guy. There is very small chance you could get sides. There is a chance it could cause sides no one yet knows about and since no one knows yet say the long term consequences, no one knows what those consequences might be. Its a drug and there is always risk of unknown problems

RaginDemon

Reaction score
abcdefg said:
Lets not lie to the guy. There is very small chance you could get sides. There is a chance it could cause sides no one yet knows about and since no one knows yet say the long term consequences, no one knows what those consequences might be. Its a drug and there is always risk of unknown problems

:agree:

It's a risk one has to take, I am willing to take the risk myself and I am aware of the consequence.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
OK. I have purchased the Propecia. It was £40!! Thats about $78, for only 28 days. Outrageous.

Does anyone know where is a good trustworthy place to buy Proscar online for the UK?

I have started eating Goji Berries, I figured that if i put some think like this into my body i will give my body something good...lol. Try and keep it happy so it won't give me sides as punishment. :$ http://www.tibetgojiberry.com/

Wish me luck...