Hairloss really reveals character doesn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
:bravo: profound stuff Barcafan mate, and I agree with you. Those last few posts really stuck a chord. I had similar problems with the meds (gyno etc) , and have very aggressive loss, and I'm sick of stressing about it.

RaginDemon

Reaction score
life is tough already, and this sh*t just makes it worse.

I hope all of u do great in your life, make tons of money, and get beautiful hair when HM comes out... gotta hope for the best sometime. lol

HairLessGR

Reaction score
Any situation where you find yourself in power or in weakness (as power and weakness is considered by you) reveals character.
Yours!
Didn't you know that?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
If pissed off is character, where do I sign...? :firing:

barcafan

Reaction score
Well you should start thinking about why EXACTLY you are pissed off? Because you feel inferior? Because other people dont 'deserve' hair and you do? Whats the reason?

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
Well you should start thinking about why EXACTLY you are pissed off? Because you feel inferior? Because other people dont 'deserve' hair and you do? Whats the reason?
Because I want my hair!!!

What else do you need to know?

cacciato

Reaction score
tonyunhawk said:
slowburn said:
barcafan said:
I think we all wish we could be 19-22 years old forever, but reality of it all is that everybody can't ball.

you forget that some of us already have a hair problem big time at that age...

hehe yeah... I was basically unattractive until 19 because I didn't exercise enough and didn't do much with my appearance. So then I had about 1-2 full years of confidence and then had bad hair loss(fortunately some the hair is coming back, for now).. My time in the sun was extremely limited. It was like fate/god was like, "hey, you got confident! BAM! take this!"

barcafan

Reaction score
slowburn said:
barcafan said:
Because I want my hair!!!

What else do you need to know?

Well why the f*** do you want it? whats the reason behind it. There's gotta be a reason. Stop being a prat.

goata007

Established Member
Reaction score
cacciato said:
hehe yeah... I was basically unattractive until 19 because I didn't exercise enough and didn't do much with my appearance. So then I had about 1-2 full years of confidence and then had bad hair loss(fortunately some the hair is coming back, for now).. My time in the sun was extremely limited. It was like fate/god was like, "hey, you got confident! BAM! take this!"

I was exactly like that around 17 I started building up confidence, gym, exercise, made friends, people commented on my looks - all was good then come 18 and the fate/god struck :dunno:

barcafan said:
Well why the f*** do you want it? whats the reason behind it. There's gotta be a reason. Stop being a prat.

You're saying it because you still have a good head of hair (saw your pics), I thought a lot about hair loss at that stage but didn't let it affect my life. But trust me when you're around 25 and NW5-6, then hairloss WILL take its toll on you! like it did on me.

Other than that I agree with you there are some fags here who are like NW2 and whine all day about their hairloss. I'd do anything to get a NW2 and live my life to its fullest!

barcafan

Reaction score
No my hair is actually pretty f*****g nasty, i prefer to cut it really short because if it gets longer it just gets super thin and looks pretty fugly. Id honestly prefer it if i just woke up a NW7 tomorow and not have to deal with styling my hair.

recboi

Experienced Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
No my hair is actually pretty f****ing nasty, i prefer to cut it really short because if it gets longer it just gets super thin and looks pretty fugly. Id honestly prefer it if i just woke up a NW7 tomorow and not have to deal with styling my hair.

are you egyptian?

Be thankful you at least had a hairline to begin with. Someone of us were born with a severly receded one.

barcafan

Reaction score
recboi said:
barcafan said:
No my hair is actually pretty f****ing nasty, i prefer to cut it really short because if it gets longer it just gets super thin and looks pretty fugly. Id honestly prefer it if i just woke up a NW7 tomorow and not have to deal with styling my hair.

are you egyptian?

No, im not

blaze

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Be thankful you at least had a hairline to begin with. Someone of us were born with a severly receded one.

How receded was your hairline before any hairloss recboi?

I was born a NW2, I never got the nice straight hairline |--------| mine was more V or U shaped.

BTW barcafan what is your ethinicity?

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
I kind of had acceptance of hairloss, but in reverse. It started in earnest around 16/17, slow and gradual but hairloss none the less, my dad was bald, my next oldest brother was bald, I accepted that I was going bald. That is until around 20/21 where I freaked and suddenly looked like total sh*t, I guess I accepted it until it made me look ugly. I really am a case where I look pretty damn attractive with hair, (or the hair I had) and hideous without it, (I couldnt even dream how bad I'd look completely bald.) and no I dont think I have body dysmorphia either.
I will be 22 in a few days, without a gf for quite awhile (interestingly, about as long as my hairloss has made me look like sh*t), so this is why I personally obsess about regrowing my hair, it changes me from ugly to not ugly, and if I had total regrowth-handsome, which I deem a highly important factor in attracting a gf (that meets my standards)- one of lifes most important goals.
But im sure there are plenty, if not the majority of fellow male pattern baldness sufferers out there that dont have such a major impact on their appearance, if I was one of them I would surely not obssess.

LouReed

Reaction score
I kind of had acceptance of hairloss, but in reverse. It started in earnest around 16/17, slow and gradual but hairloss none the less, my dad was bald, my next oldest brother was bald, I accepted that I was going bald. That is until around 20/21 where I freaked and suddenly looked like total ****, I guess I accepted it until it made me look ugly. I really am a case where I look pretty damn attractive with hair, (or the hair I had) and hideous without it, (I couldnt even dream how bad I'd look completely bald.) and no I dont think I have body dysmorphia either.
I will be 22 in a few days, without a gf for quite awhile (interestingly, about as long as my hairloss has made me look like ****), so this is why I personally obsess about regrowing my hair, it changes me from ugly to not ugly, and if I had total regrowth-handsome, which I deem a highly important factor in attracting a gf (that meets my standards)- one of lifes most important goals.
But im sure there are plenty, if not the majority of fellow male pattern baldness sufferers out there that dont have such a major impact on their appearance, if I was one of them I would surely not obssess.

Agree with this. Objectively, some people look worse without hair. All of life's hurdles will show your character, but measuring each person on their reaction to hair loss is wrong. It's harder for those that take a big hit in the looks dept.

ChrisW1980uk

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't even know how you found it! I'll close it as we've already got active threads along these lines :)

Status
Not open for further replies.