Hairloss really reveals character doesn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

barcafan

Reaction score
I think it really does, it shows you who the f*** you are and what you're made of. All of these dudes complaining how girls are superficial this and that (saying they cant get laid if they're loosing their hair) have probably never gotten laid in the first place and need something to associate their failure with. Getting over hairloss differs from person to person but i think once you do TRUELY get over it, you'll likely get over many other problems in life.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:
I think it really does, it shows you who the f*** you are and what you're made of. All of these dudes complaining how girls are superficial this and that (saying they cant get laid if they're loosing their hair) have probably never gotten laid in the first place and need something to associate their failure with. Getting over hairloss differs from person to person but i think once you do TRUELY get over it, you'll likely get over many other problems in life.
Depends how you look at it.
It's really hard for some people to look good one day and look like a completely different person the next month.
I personally look at it as nothing in my control.
When I was younger I never thought in a million years I would lose my hair, then it begins to happen.
I'll try my best to reverse it but if it doesn't work out there is not much that can be done about it.
I'll still be a sexy beast with or without hair, I'll just have to try a little harder in other areas and not let it get me to down.
I think we all wish we could be 19-22 years old forever, but reality of it all is that everybody can't ball.
Life is about adjustments and this is one I may have to make, whether I like it or not.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
tonyunhawk said:
slowburn said:
barcafan said:
I think we all wish we could be 19-22 years old forever, but reality of it all is that everybody can't ball.

you forget that some of us already have a hair problem big time at that age...
Ah yes...it does suck. I noticed my shift around the age of late 23, early 24...I thought nothing of it at the time, it is now progressing in my 28th year of existence. I got some full hair but it is thinning and I got the V, I will need to call in reinforcements soon.

easynow

Established Member
Reaction score
barcafan said:

Wise words indeed. Are you going to just shave it and say f*** it or are you continuing with the meds? I ask because I'm thinking that I'm already pretty bald for 22, and I'm getting used to it. I'm still sticking with the meds almost as an experiment though.

barcafan

Reaction score
Well ive been on finasteride for 6 months and my hair has only gotten worse (maybe it would have been at an even worse stage had it not been for finasteride, i dont know) and plus i started getting some messed up sides and decided to screw it. I used minoxidil for a bit but then i just knew i wouldnt be able to keep on using it and that the longer i did use it the more chance there was for me to keep on being obsessed with that extra 2 inches of hair i'm desperately trying to save and missing out on life in general. I do think that really detaching yourself from caring about how you look is a hard thing to do. (I dont mean to the extent of not bathing,wearing dirty clothes, not shaving etc)The thing is that it makes you so much more happy in general.

Like when you're with your friends, family, significant other or even when you're enjoying your favorite hobby isnt that such a great feeling? Why waste the chance of having those good times by spending 2 hours a day worrying about your hair and then feeling like crap when you see those 10 terminal hairs on your pillow the next morning. I know its really hard to rid yourself of those negative feelings, but with time and practice it should become easier and you can start focusing on things that REALLY do matter, not things that matter to vain delusional folks. Do it one step at a time and always praise yourself for even the smallest of successes.

I mean think about it, wouldn't it be AWESOME to *Truly* not be self conscious about how you look, being able to go up to that girl that you obsess over and just talk to her and not have a care in the world and be completely loose instead of sweating up a storm and worrying about what she thinks of your receeding hairline and diffuse crown. People will start to see your true self and in effect, you'll likely be much more successful being that way and bald than being a complete social cripple and holding on to your hair.

Going bald early in life can in a way be a blessing in disguise. You can get over all these problems when you're young and be the better person for it, it's definitely an awakening experience.. For example if i had never begun thinning i would still probably be playing video games and basically sitting on my lazy *** and never in a hurry to do anything. After i started looking up treatments i got a little more interested in the physiological side of male pattern baldness, and learned alot of cool things. I would not even be thinking like i am now had it not been for male pattern baldness.

There will be days when you start to question all the emotional progress you made, but i guess you have to keep believing in yourself and never let those negative feelings take over.

barcafan

Reaction score
easynow said:
barcafan said:

Wise words indeed. Are you going to just shave it and say f*** it or are you continuing with the meds? I ask because I'm thinking that I'm already pretty bald for 22, and I'm getting used to it. I'm still sticking with the meds almost as an experiment though.

I think that with my genetics i'm pretty much either

1) destined to be bald by 25ish

2) with treatments, destined to be bald by 30

After all this time i cant believe i didn't care about the possible side effect of treatments. They're there and they're real, i feel like i was such a moron by willing to compromise my body for some hair that i was destined to lose anyway. Alot of people say how it's a safe drug (And by all means it could be) but side effects don't always necessarily have obvious physical manifestations (Early on in the treatment anyway) so if you think you're immune to side effects of finasteride (Both long and short) i wouldn't really be so sure. As Bryan has repeatedly stated, we really don't know all of the roles that DHT/5AR play in our bodies.

I guess what it really comes down to is weighing the pros and cons of *potentially* having hair(And, of course, that includes all of the POTENTIAL health implications brought on by medications of any kind)

I seriously don't know why i even bothered to type out such a lengthy post, maybe its because I'm just delirious from my cold :p but i just wanted to share my thoughts. Oh and please forgive my poor writing skills ~_~.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
what happened to you physically barca?

barcafan

Reaction score
Gyno, and a fucked up mental state in general. Whether or not it was a placebo affect is debatable but it really doesn't matter at all to me, it felt real.

slowburn

Established Member
Reaction score
slowburn said:
what happened to you physically barca?
what do you mean by gyno?

barcafan

Reaction score
I meant burning/puffy nipples that i felt. I then read on how to combat it and came across numerous suggestions of Aromatase inhibitors in order to offset gyno. It was at that point it just clicked "What the fu.ck am i doing to myself?"

s.a.f

Reaction score
barcafan said:

Good post. Plenty of evidence to back it up on this site. :bravo:

Itsonlyinmyhead

Established Member
Reaction score
Good post Barca. Couldnt of put it better myself. Ive been trying to get across some of those points for months now.

CCS

Reaction score
barcafan said:

I never had a NW1 in my life. I always had a "high forehead". I remember my third grad pics: it was a wide forhead too. Then I passed NW2 in high school and was at NW3 shortly after graudation. By the time I got on finasteride, I was about 23 and Norwood 3-4A. Started balding 10 years ago, before the net really took off, and all I had to rely on was reports that fiansteride only works in back. I did not even know about proscar back then. I think propecia costed a lot more then too. BTW, I'm obviously an aggressive balder, so the fact I've maintained 4 years shows finasteride is good stuff.

I do agree with you though that a lot of the biggest complainers have other faults they can fix but are not working on, and probably had trouble getting women even before they lost their hair. Just before they were content to think they'd fix themselves later, but now they are crying because they think it is hopeless now.

I paid for one of my hair transplants by working 72 hours per week over the summer in a heavy labor factory and saving all my money, and paid for the other one by using one of my semester student loan dispersement and then working 20 hours per week during the semester to support myself since my loan was used up. It has helped me tremendously with women. I also see difference when I'm wearing Dermmatch.

omgstfuty

Established Member
Reaction score
Fantastic post barcafan.You have your head on your shoulders.Also at a very young age aswell.I pretty much started losing hair at 18 and at about 20 started to realise that this is what I am.
I wasted 2 years out of my youth being a self-divuldgent dickhead.
You should be lauging aswell pal, cos you look f*****g sweet with a shaved head.I wish I hadnt fucked them years up so much.
Glad to no youve embraced being a man, and not a pussy barcafan.

Lol, try telling some of the sad-acts in here that though....

Stu85

Established Member
Reaction score
Aplunk1 said:
Word, barcafan.

Want to do some LSD?

If barcafan doesn't want it, I'll have it. It's a crime to let perfectly good acid go to waste, yes it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.