Hairloss products OTHER than the big 3

jr27

Reaction score
What else is succesfully used on hairloss? I wouldnt mind popping an extra pill in the morning if it would help that much. I heard a few things on fish oil pills or centrum. What has worked for you guys?

Risugo

Established Member
Reaction score
Age 36
Fincar 1.25mg daily
Nizoral 2% every 2-3 days
Commenced 2004

Hair loss decreased but no regrowth.

iamnaked

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Copper Peptides are meant to be good for scalp health and anti-irritation.
There are also some hardcore anti-androgens like spironolactone and flutamide, but these run the risk of giving you b**ch tits if you use them orally.

There's also a whole lot of unproven natural stuff (apple vinegar, green tea etc) that I personally wouldn't bother with.

alexstorm

Reaction score
I know that I probably sound like a spammer because I mention Nanogaine in a lot of my posts but as an alternative or a compliment to other hair loss products it is really providing me with the tangible proof that hair loss products CAN work and to a satisfactory degree.

Emu-oil is something that I use and that I think could work for some.

L-Arginine is susposed to produce more NO (Nitric Oxide) which is present in the hair follicles and aid hair re-growth.

Saw Palmetto Extract. At the end of the day it comes down to how the individual responds to the product and not necessarily the product itself.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I use the the big three as well as vits and omega 3. I have ran out of MSN, but never felt the need to replace it.
I also add hairmuck/minomuck to my minoxidil which contains Saw Palmetto, but that hasn't done anything to regrow my hair. I have even used NO explode as a pre training stimulant. Little did I know that is good for hair, its good for headaches though!

I might give this Nanogaine a chance. I'm a bit worried about the price though. Have you found a cheap supplier?

Cheers

alexstorm

Reaction score
I have only ever ordered Nanogaine from the offical website. I haven't been able to find it at a cheaper price on the internet unfortunately. I buy Nanogaine in quantities of 6 or more. 1 pack @£39.95 each (way too pricey) 3 packs @£32.45 each (still out of my price range) 6 packs @£24.50 each (expensive but just about affordable, for me)

It works out to around £150 for six months supply including p+p which is way more than the £90 I used to pay for Regaine for over the same period. And the Kirkland Minoxdil worked out to around £50 for six months.

I usually try and wait until they run a 3 for 2 special offer(during christmas or the summer holidays) like Boots and save a little more. Since it works better for me than what I was previously using I don't mind too much but it still could be a lot cheaper.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
Alex I am grateful for your advice. I know you've had a bit of stick for your posts on Nanogine, but I am seriously thinking about giving it a go. How long did it take for you to notice an improvement?

Grantspots

Established Member
Reaction score
alexstorm said:
I know that I probably sound like a spammer because I mention Nanogaine in a lot of my posts
Probably a good opportunity to start discussing other things. Especially since you have only 23 posts on this forum and 90% of them promote that product.

Thanks! :)

To the original poster, don't waste your time with products that have no data backing them (nanogaine for one), other than loosely referenced "SOD" associations. There are several that don't fit into the Big Three, which have incredible potential to help.

Topical Spironolactone Lotion
Topical Finasteride Solutions
Revivogen
Tricomin, etc...

alexstorm

Reaction score
I've never started a topic on Nanogaine and have only ever responded to other peoples posts on the subject because 1) I've used it and had good results and 2) Nobody really answers questions about hair loss treatments other than the BIG THREE because they will probably be seen as spammers if they do.

For me personally Regaine only provided minimal results I've considered using finasteride or dutasteride but as what I'm currently using works I'll stick with. As for how long it took for me to see an improvement just like with the Regaine my hair responded within a month.

alexstorm

Reaction score
I don't blame you my wallets been a lot lighter since I've been using it :sobbing: With the established hair loss products and the better known treatments on the market it makes sense I guess to stick with things that work for you and that are affordable.

SoThatsLife

Established Member
Reaction score
Grantspots said:
alexstorm said:
I know that I probably sound like a spammer because I mention Nanogaine in a lot of my posts
Probably a good opportunity to start discussing other things. Especially since you have only 23 posts on this forum and 90% of them promote that product.

Thanks! :)

To the original poster, don't waste your time with products that have no data backing them (nanogaine for one), other than loosely referenced "SOD" associations. There are several that don't fit into the Big Three, which have incredible potential to help.

Topical Spironolactone Lotion
Topical Finasteride Solutions
Revivogen
Tricomin, etc...

Mr moderator, don't you kinda shot yourself in the foot when you mention topical finasteride, since its the same as taking the pill. It just "sounds" better when its named a topical. I wish this forum actually made some research, sponsored 30 guys with spironolactone, another group with Revivogen and so on. And then after 6 months we could actually see if any of the products have had any effect.

evolutionary

Reaction score
I actually agree with SoThatsLife. It would obviously be very informal research, but if we held people that wanted to participate to certain standards, we could probably establish a certain degree of verifiability to it.

For example, if we took the 30 person sample SoThats talks about, we could require baseline photos and then monthly checkups every month for 6 months. Hopefully people would honestly disclose what else they are on so we would have an accurate idea of what is helping and what is not. I know we already encourage people to post photos as it is, but perhaps a separate forum section strictly for these informal studies would be helpful.

It just seems that we have access to a very interested audience that would be willing to participate.

ginger-uk

Established Member
Reaction score
If Hairloss talk were to offer treatments I would be happy to diary my results and progress with text and photos.