Hairloss on the middle front of the scalp, please i need someone's opinion

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey
this year has been a tuff year for me.. I suffer from depression and high anxiety/stress and in march-may of this year i went deep in depression and i couldnt even go outside, i dropped out of the gym lost about 33 pounds in less than 2 months, stop to eating properly and i think this stress trigged alot of bad things like acne and maybe hairloss,
in may i started to take accutane(second course) and in june(almost 1 month later) i noticed a bald spot in the middlefront of my hair, i realized that because its the side that i part my hair, the funny thing is that this bald spot/patch is only on the right side of the middlefront scalp and the rest of hair/hairline is normal without sign of miniaturization(there is no miniaturization on the bald spot either), i really dont think that im shedding more than usual right now, i asked my dermatologist and she did a fast look with a magnifier and said it was emocional and said that was alopecia areata trigged by stress.. i asked about being a beggining of a AAG and she said it wasnt because there is no hairloss on the other parts of my hair and this kind of hairloss is not how male pattern baldness attacks at the beggining My dad has a full head of hair(hes 60), my uncle too (57), my grandfather had, i really dont remember of any member of the family being bald. Well, she prescribed me topical minoxidil 5% and said to use it until december that i will regrow the hair in that region
This small bald patch dont bother me but im really afraid that i can experiencing a early stage of of AAG
im really concerned about this so it would be very greatful to recive any answer from any experienced member
thank you and sorry if my english is terrible

@edit adding another photo

the photo with short hair is to show how my hair was few months back and after (a bit longer)

Attachments

• falha cabelo.jpg
    falha cabelo.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 394
  • mahair.jpg
    mahair.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 462

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
Accutane has been known to cause hair loss but 1 month seems a little short in regards of something happening. Your hairline might of been going up slightly before accutane to be honest. Though to me it doesn't look like any sort of male pattern baldness pattern I've seen before. I have a friend with a similar dip near the middle of his forehead and he's had it for around 3 years and he still isn't showing signs of male pattern baldness. But if you're worried about it consider making an appointment with a dermatologist or a doctor and state your concerns, you may get put on finasteride and since I know you're probably gonna google it. No the bad stories about it are around 90% bull****.

Your 2nd photo doesn't really help to see your hairline as well to get a better idea of the change we need a photo in the same light, and preferably the hair pulled back the same way. As it stands it looks fine in the 2nd photo and at least to me the first photo still doesn't look that alarming. But I understand the stress that can come from hairloss and its good that you're taking an initiative.

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
hey man, thank you for your reply

my dermatologist said that its not from accutane although accutane can cause hairloss too
she said it was alopecia areata trigged by high levels of stress and anxiety.. but the thing is i definely had hairloss there because she said that she could see small hairs growing in the baldspot area
what keeps me thinking that might not be male pattern baldness is that i dont have any temple recession or miniaturization on the rest of my hair yet and no knowledge of bald men on my family, ive read about traction/friction alopecia too since ive always parted my hair like that but i dont pull hard or use ponytail so i think its unlikely

regards

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
Stress hair loss normally occurs in multiple areas though, makes your hair look thinner overall in multiple areas. But if your dermatologist says so she is more qualified then me to make a diagnose. Also regardless of genetics sometimes people who comes from a family where both the mothers and fathers side don't go bald you still can, so be cautious of that. Wish you the best good luck.

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
i was lurking into the internet about hairloss and i found a photo of a woman with the same bald spot in this area but her spot is bigger than mine 7186084535_0fe50622c5.jpg

what is this? beside areata or AAG it could be another kind of hairloss?

Jered

Reaction score
If depression is to blame, you might grow it back through de-stressing and exercise.

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
If depression is to blame, you might grow it back through de-stressing and exercise.

thank you for the answer
i hope it's stress although has been too hard manage my stress/anxiety lately
the major problem is the uncertain about why this happened and why in one part that nobody seems to lose hair, i mean, i only see people losing hair in front of scalp when the temple are already very reeceded and thats not the case, my temple is the same as always
ill keep my eyes on it and put minoxidil on it if the hair regrows or if o experience more hairloss ill keep this topic updated
thank you

VikasGupta114032

Reaction score
Hair loss problem arise from front of the head but the main thing is that what is solution for recover that issue. If the person suffering from more excessive problem then need take good treatment because this problem increase day by day.

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
Just know that minoxidil will cause you to go through a shed in the area that you apply it before the area gets better. Also that minoxidil will cause a shed in 3-4 month periods so there will be times that it looks worse, before it gets better.

stressftw

Established Member
Reaction score
Just know that minoxidil will cause you to go through a shed in the area that you apply it before the area gets better. Also that minoxidil will cause a shed in 3-4 month periods so there will be times that it looks worse, before it gets better.

thank you for the information

davidfan

Reaction score
I'm having a similar issue with a bit of diffusing on the top. My temples haven't receded. I'm thinking it's stress and depression related too.

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
Just want to say a majority of the time people want to believe its something other then male pattern baldness but 90% of the time its male pattern baldness. We all want it to be something thats reversible so we cling onto that thought but the reality is for most males at least its male pattern baldness. Not trying to sound like a dick but the best bet is to hop on finasteride or dutasteride and start applying minoxidil early on.