Hairloss From Vitamin Deficiency(d$

Harris

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I’m 16, been losing a lot of hair for past 1.5 years, receeding hairline, thin hairs. So last week i gave a blood test and my doctor gave my dad a call and told me that its because of vitamin deficiency, Vit D to be exact. Told me to eat eggs, yogurt, milk, walk in sun, and vitamin D supplements and etc. i’ve been taking a lot of Vitamin D from like yesterday. How long till i see a change in my hairloss?

BetaBoy

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As far as I know there is no link between vitamin D deficiency and hair loss.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey, I’m 16, been losing a lot of hair for past 1.5 years, receeding hairline, thin hairs. So last week i gave a blood test and my doctor gave my dad a call and told me that its because of vitamin deficiency, Vit D to be exact. Told me to eat eggs, yogurt, milk, walk in sun, and vitamin D supplements and etc. i’ve been taking a lot of Vitamin D from like yesterday. How long till i see a change in my hairloss?

If he's correct, a few months. However it's also possible that you'd be getting Androgenetic Alopecia regardless.

By the way fish skin, animal liver, and time in the Sun are also good sources of vitamin D. You can even book one or two appointments in a tanning bed to speed up the process.

Last edited:

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It is not a deficiency of the vitamin D itself. The VDR (Vitamin D Receptor) might however correlate with Androgenetic Alopecia. But that is just pure theory, normal Vit D supplement wont do jackshit. There is a prescription only Vitamin D analogue that was shown to stimulate CD200 that is underexpressed in a bald scalp.

Harris

My Regimen
Reaction score
If he's correct, a few months. However it's also possible that you'd be getting Androgenetic Alopecia regardless.

By the way fish skin, animal liver, and time in the Sun are also good sources of vitamin D. You can even book one or two appointments in a tanning bed to speed up the process.
It also may have to do something with thyroid, and many people are saying that you cant get hairloss because of vitamin D, is that true?

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It also may have to do something with thyroid, and many people are saying that you cant get hairloss because of vitamin D, is that true?

It is everytime the same. Thyroid issues leading to real hair loss as well as any deficiency are rather rare. Look at homeless people, even them drinking all day having full hair or suffer from Androgenetic Alopecia regardless.

Harris

My Regimen
Reaction score
It is everytime the same. Thyroid issues leading to real hair loss as well as any deficiency are rather rare. Look at homeless people, even them drinking all day having full hair or suffer from Androgenetic Alopecia regardless.
Wait so are you saying that my hairloss can be reversed? I mean, most of my teachers are in their 40’s, they have male pattern baldness, they have receeding hairline, and crown but the hairs they have are pretty thick, but for me, all of my hairs are thin, and this happened in an year, i read somewhere that male pattern baldness takes around 3-5 years

Edit: and theres no baldness in my family, my dad is 50 and his hairs are thicker than mine, and my brother is 18, and his are thick too

HairCook

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Wait so are you saying that my hairloss can be reversed? I mean, most of my teachers are in their 40’s, they have male pattern baldness, they have receeding hairline, and crown but the hairs they have are pretty thick, but for me, all of my hairs are thin, and this happened in an year, i read somewhere that male pattern baldness takes around 3-5 years

Edit: and theres no baldness in my family, my dad is 50 and his hairs are thicker than mine, and my brother is 18, and his are thick too

You can get Androgenetic Alopecia by having just poor luck with combination genetics as well. Just get it confirmed by doctor, no one can tell you here really.

Harris

My Regimen
Reaction score
You can get Androgenetic Alopecia by having just poor luck with combination genetics as well. Just get it confirmed by doctor, no one can tell you here really.
I did
I thought that it was male pattern baldness at first, even my doctor did, but now i’m pretty sure that it’s not. Because i’m losing hairs from my whole head not just my crown and hairline, so my whole head is pretty thin. And i also gave a blood test. And another weird thing. Like hairs do actually grow on my hairline, they just fall off. Like for example, like 2 weeks ago, there was no hairs on my hairline, just a receeding hairline is, but after like a week, i see hairs there, but they just fall off. Idk if it makes sense

Aethas

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Interesting because ive been losing hair all over my head(back and side to.... all the people who cut my hair told me that i have two hair length, one semi-short and the normal long... especialy on side and back idk why) extremely thin hair and started to receding since 21yo.... have that problem since i am 16 yo to.... so if you find the reason tell me because i feel your in the same spot of me

abcdefg

Reaction score

There are so many men in prisons or homeless that eat/drink garbage for decades. We see the same patterns of male pattern baldness there as we do out here. Without full understanding of male pattern baldness people can argue anything they want, but I am not sold on diet causing male pattern baldness
If your a male 18 or older and your losing hair I just think its like 99 percent male pattern baldness. Although male pattern baldness could end up being of different types, but we dont know yet. In very rare cases maybe extreme diet deficiency could cause it.

bridgeburn

My Regimen
Reaction score
If you are 16 then its more likely to be Androgenetic Alopecia because your hormones are raging at this time. I also lost a lot of my hair as a teenager.

Harris

My Regimen
Reaction score
Quick question, does your whole head thins in Male Pattern Baldness or is it only the crown and the hairline?