Hairloss From Scar Down, I Can't Freaking Win.

Mydamnhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi I've had 3 hair transplants to not that great success. still look like I'm going bald. But one major issue now that is giving me a hole new depressing complex is that my longest scar which is like 14 inches across, all of the hair below that is super thin now. It's exactly from the scar down, where the scar ends hair still grows fine from there down. Is it that the scar traumatized the follicles from there down? Blood flow issue? I never seen this on anyone else. It's been almost 10yrs I think since I had the last Transplant and noticed it getting thinner and thinner, now it's really thin and looks really weird. Had my hair buzzed for a while, so growing it back now and realized I have a new horrible problem.

20171022_195222.jpg

Attachments

• 20171022_195139.jpg
    20171022_195139.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 371
  • 20171022_195222.jpg
    20171022_195222.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 363
Last edited:

Mydamnhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not on anything, my doctor a while back put me on Propecia and then finasteride. But I was like gaining fat from it and I guess taking drugs weirds me out. Especially when I hear about side effects.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not on anything, my doctor a while back put me on Propecia and then finasteride. But I was like gaining fat from it and I guess taking drugs weirds me out. Especially when I hear about side effects.

Transplants don't cure the underlying condition. Everyone who is balding will continue balding at their own rate until they die unless they are doing something to stop or reverse the problem.

Last edited:

Mydamnhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I was told the new hair-transplanted hair doesn't die off from DHT like the hair it replaced because of where it came from. But the issue I have is not a normal condition, I am losing the hair from the scar down, exactly scar down.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well I was told the new hair-transplanted hair doesn't die off from DHT like the hair it replaced because of where it came from. But the issue I have is not a normal condition, I am losing the hair from the scar down, exactly scar down.

Then your entire head is androgen sensitive. Or your procedures affected blood supply to the back and now the hair there has become delicate too. In aggressive androgenic alopecia, almost all of it goes over time.

If you want to save it, get on finasteride at a minimum and topical minoxidil.

That should at a minimum prevent further degradation and give you some regrowth.

Last edited:

Mydamnhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I posted pictures to show what I meant, sorry they are not the best cause of lighting, but you can see from scar down the hair loss. in person it looks much worse. What about the New "Topical Spironolactone Treatments for Hair Loss" that is on the first page, that is topical. someone was talking about it and topical finasteride.?

Here is the link: https://www.hairlosstalk.com/news/treatments/s5-cream-returned/

Mydamnhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info idealforehead, I'll look into RU58841. But just from what you say "be careful of being around pregnant women or small children with any topical antiandrogen as it could be harmful to them." What the hell is it doing to me long term then? DO people have good results with it? Is it like Rogain and only work in the back of the head?

Mydamnhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
okay, that's good information thanks. You think it will work all the way back on my hair near my back hairline near my neck? or is it primarily just the top of my head?

shookwun

Reaction score
eh, at this point your only real option is to either a) have another transplant preferably fue procedure to graft the scar.

b) SMP your scar and start 0 guarding

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
So should I take RU58841 and Rogain together? is that the best for stopping and regrowth?

Sure if you only want a topical solution and don't want to take oral tablets. You can buy Kirkland minoxidil and add RU58841 powder to it.

But RU was never approved (never even applied for approval) for human use so it's an experimental compound keep in mind.

Mydamnhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
So then should I use something else, that sounds a little scary. Do they make topical Finasteride?

The Rogaine I can get seems to be a good price, BJ's Rogaine

Rogaine is 5% minoxidil, I hear some other products go up to 15%.

IdealForehead

My Regimen
Reaction score
So then should I use something else, that sounds a little scary. Do they make topical Finasteride?

The Rogaine I can get seems to be a good price, BJ's Rogaine

Rogaine is 5% minoxidil, I hear some other products go up to 15%.

The world is scary. Life is scary. Balding is scary.

You can get high dose minoxidil creams online. Topical finasteride is likely useless and just goes into the blood.