Hairloss Blood test? - What to check

Adam87

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

Finally saving up to do a private blood test under no medication to see if i can find anything or more importantly rule things out...so apart from DHT and testosterone...what else do i need to check....i am seeing thyroid levels mentioned by alot of people.

Thanks for any help

Adam

- - - Updated - - -

bump

Reaction score
you should look for these levels:

- Hormone levels (DHEA, testosterone, androstenedione, prolactin, follicular stimulating hormone, and leutinizing hormone)
- Serum iron, serum ferritin, and total iron binding capacity (TIBC)
- Thyroid levels (T3, T4, TSH)
- VDRL (a screening test for syphilis)
- Complete blood count (CBC)

But best if some doctor judges the results. Otherwise you'll be guessing all the time.

visc

Reaction score
I'm a 23 year old male with Hashimotos. At the beginning of my second year in college I began to have thyroid swings from low to high... During finals when I was really stressed out my hair would shred and fall on the paper. I could sit and pull maybe 100 hairs out of my head each day. Now that my thyroid has stabalized, Im left with thin hair.

I would definetly keep tracking your thyroid levels until you get your situation figured out. My hashimotos wasnt caught until my 8th or so TSH test.. Then antibodies and biopsy confirmed the diagnosis...

Last edited:

kckckc

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Bred,

Once we get those results, who do we bring it to? The Derm or would the doctor administering the blood test know it all?

Adam87

Established Member
Reaction score
Ok i might have gone over the top....we are lookg at £250 for the complete test, instead of going to a doctor would it be wiser to take the results to a dermatologist?