Hairloss at 20 please help.

marentes133

Reaction score
Hairloss at 20 please help

Hi I my name is Chris and I'm new to this Hairloss thing. I've always had a nice thick head of hair up until recently and I hate it so much. I usually shed hair when I run my fingers, shower and massage through my scalp and sides of head sometimes the back as well. The hair comes out in all types of forms. Long strands, short. Etc. Also some have white bulbs some have brown and some just don't. I would like to think its due to the heavy stress and depression I was feeling back in late 2014 and spring 2015 (the last time I had good hair) also physical stress from a herniated disc in lower back.

My hair tends to get very greasy and oily the day after I wash it. Also itchy (dandruff or scabs no redness)

I use cabellina chile shampoo and hair multivitamins but that's not working.

Sigh I already have low confidence and this would kill me.

What could it be?

Here are photos before the Hairloss

July 2014

April 2015 (one month after haircut)

May 2015 (two months after haircut)

As of last week: (last haircut in July)

Also my hair stopped growing on top.

Can not washing the hair cause this too? I would go like a week and sometimes 2 weeks without washing my hair.

Last edited:

greg711711

Reaction score
could be male pattern baldness, could be stress related... I could give you a better guess if you post a picture or two

TransientHair

Established Member
Reaction score
So your problem is shedding? How many hairs are you shedding a day? Keep in mind that the average person sheds about 100 hairs a day.

marentes133

Reaction score
I shed quite a few but It's below defiantly below 100 I'd say 60 at the most but it's like my hair has thinned out top and stopped growing

greg711711

Reaction score
looks like some thinning at the hairline and some minor thinning all over. you still have PLENTY of hair so don't freak out. Pretty much no one on here is a doctor so I would recommend going to see one to get a professional opinion. My unprofessional opinion would be to get on finasteride and rogaine if you are willing. Looks like you caught it very early so use preventative measures and live your life

marentes133

Reaction score
looks like some thinning at the hairline and some minor thinning all over. you still have PLENTY of hair so don't freak out. Pretty much no one on here is a doctor so I would recommend going to see one to get a professional opinion. My unprofessional opinion would be to get on finasteride and rogaine if you are willing. Looks like you caught it very early so use preventative measures and live your life

Thanks for the info btw which kind of doctor should I see?

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Is your father bald? You need to look at how your family history of hair loss is before figuring out what to do.

c_super2

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks fine. If you are bothered by it go see a doctor and ask them to prescribe propecia.

Propecia stopped my hairloss dead in its track for years and thickened up my hair.

TransientHair

Established Member
Reaction score
A hair transplant surgeon can perform miniaturization mapping on you to confirm thinning hair. If they find that you do have thinning hair then they can recommend you a treatment plan.

marentes133

Reaction score
Your hair looks fine. If you are bothered by it go see a doctor and ask them to prescribe propecia.

Propecia stopped my hairloss dead in its track for years and thickened up my hair.

Have you had any serious side affects from it ?

Reaction score
To me I guess it is possible there might be thinning. I think your temples look fine and that is one of the first signs. If I were you I would wait another 6 months and see if it has receded more.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A hair transplant surgeon can perform miniaturization mapping on you to confirm thinning hair. If they find that you do have thinning hair then they can recommend you a treatment plan.

How do they tell the difference between miniaturization and the new hair that is just growing back through another stage? Also, isn't it normal to have like 10-15% miniaturization or is that just a myth?

greg711711

Reaction score
a dermatologist should be able to give you an accurate diagnosis. thats the first doctor i went to when I realized i was thinning

marentes133

Reaction score
I'm trying to see one soon. Very soon actually but I have a problem. I don't have any health insurance nor employed (because lower back injury) would I be able to see one without insurance ?

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
If you do see a doctor and he suggests something I would try finasteride first. See how effective it is. Obviously if you are suffering mbp its very early. Bc minoxidil is an annoying deal applying twice aday and hairs are dependent on it. I would try finasteride solo first.

marentes133

Reaction score
with male pattern baldness does the hair thin at the side of the head? like not on the temples but a good 3 inches away from them and its like hair thin line that goes down the side of my head.