Hairloss Anxiety

G

Hello all. I am 25 years and I am experiencing hair loss. My problem began about 5 years ago, however, my hair always seemed to go thru periods of loss but it always grew back. I am very self conscious of it and I just feel like I'm bald. The thinning is at the crown and my part just seems to get wider and wider. I started Birth Control Pills about 2 months ago and I think they may have triggered more thinning. I know it's time to see a dermatologist. I wanted to cry yesterday when my best friend's fiancee asked me why my hair was thinning at such a young age. My response to him was that my hair was not thin but that it was petite. I tried to laugh it off but inside I was devastated. Of course I seem to make more of a big deal than what it probably is. But when the part of your hair isn't a stream but rather a river it makes you feel like your life revolves around your hair and that it's the first thing that people look at. I am getting my hair re-highlighted on Saturday with hopes that the lighter strands will camoflague my scalp. I am so happy that there is a site such as this one, I don't feel so alone :D

cloud

Reaction score
Hi Dee,

Maybe you could repost your story at http://www.heralopecia.com/forum, which is where the women's section of this board has moved to. You will get a lot more response there.

I think it would be a good idea to see a dermatologist and have your blood examined. You need to establish the cause of your hairloss before you can start looking for treatments.
What BCP are you on? Some of them are known to cause hairloss.

My response to him was that my hair was not thin but that it was petite.
:)

Cloud

ksuess85

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm 18 and have recently started to experience severe hair loss as well (I just joined today and posted my profile or whatever if you want to read it). But I know exactly what you went through. I was hanging out with two of my guy friends and they started talking about how "hair on a girl is a must." It killed me to sit there and keep smiling. Later my friend Nick asked me how the whole "losing my hair thing" was going. What am I supposed to that? I admire your response though, I seriously think that trying to go about life as normal as possible and with the best attitude managable is the only way to cope. Hang in there!