Hairloss and denial

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Until recently ive been in denial about my hairloss. Its not that I didnt know something was wrong or I couldnt see my hairloss occuring, but it was more I just kept telling myself this is not male pattern baldness, this is just a "temporary condition" and my hair will eventually grow back. I put my hairloss down to everything like poor diet, stress, bad haircuts etc. Basically ANYTHING i could think of at the time. Truth be told it made me feel better, because i didnt want to face the sad reality. I didnt want to be the "bald guy" or some balding sack of crap with a donut on the back of his head or look like a monk or some f-aggot with a receeding hairline. I want to be the hot sexy rocker with long hair, who when women see pretty much want to sleep with me instantly. Anyway its only now that ive faced reality and I really dont know how to feel about it. Thats why i have recently joined this board to vent my frustrations, with dare i say "my fellow balding brothers" ughhh even the sound of that sends chills up my spine..Amyway

Anyone else in denial? And how does it manifest itself in your world?

bababa

Established Member
Reaction score
Acceptance is key... We're not all blessed with great hair, just like we may not all be blessed with great height, or good looks, or a big dick etc...

At least now you can accept the fact that there are things out there that can stop, and to a degree, reverse what has happened non surgically.

Don't worry bro, it's a fact that the vast majority of males must face at a certain point in life.

Peace...

Balth06

Reaction score
I donno man, but you sound like a humongous douche. Maybe balding a little bit will make you less of a superficial schmuck? good luck.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
Balth06 said:
I donno man, but you sound like a humongous douche. Maybe balding a little bit will make you less of a superficial schmuck? good luck.

Im pretty vain, I admit that. However are you aware only 2% of people suffering from hairloss seek help? Guess that means us being the 2% must be the vain ones right? Including you! So lighten up.

G

i know how you feel dude. i'm trying to maintain the longer hair/emo look as well.

vipergts

Established Member
Reaction score
metalheaddude said:
I want to be the hot sexy rocker with long hair, who when women see pretty much want to sleep with me instantly.

Jeez, where do I start......how old are you kid?

G

metalheaddude said:
I want to be the hot sexy rocker with long hair, who when women see pretty much want to sleep with me instantly.

It's not all about the hair, but congratulations if you think you're good-looking enough to have achieved that situation with hair.

s.a.f

Reaction score
metalheaddude said:

Sounds like something CCS or Taug might say.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Denial . . .

it's more than just a river in Egypt.

:whistle:

metalheaddude

Reaction score
TIM for congress. said:
i know how you feel dude. i'm trying to maintain the longer hair/emo look as well.

Hey thanks man! Glad someone out there understands. These board members don't understand "the rocker look." I play in a band so im constantly under bright lights playing gigs etc. And having thick full long hair is crucial to my look. But right now ive shaved it short, its actually given me alot more confidence, as its ALOT less maintainace and alot easier to apply my meds. So I dunno if i will ever grow it back long again, because i just cant get the volume :( so im a little sad about that...But having short buzzed hair isnt as bad as i thought it would be :punk:

G

metalheaddude said:
TIM for congress. said:

Hey thanks man! Glad someone out there understands. These board members don't understand "the rocker look." I play in a band so im constantly under bright lights playing gigs etc. And having thick full long hair is crucial to my look. But right now ive shaved it short, its actually given me alot more confidence, as its ALOT less maintainace and alot easier to apply my meds. So I dunno if i will ever grow it back long again, because i just cant get the volume :( so im a little sad about that...But having short buzzed hair isnt as bad as i thought it would be :punk:

I used to always have long hair until last year, so yeah I do understand what it means having long hair. I still didn't look like a sissy girl with a hot girlish hair-do like most long hair dudes do nowadays.

Maxpwr

Established Member
Reaction score
TIM for congress. said:

Yeah, because the goth slash emo look is really something to strive for isn't it...? :gay:

RaginDemon

Reaction score
so many lil girls here...I go to gym 5 times a week, I bet I outrun any of your self pro-claimed pretty boys in the dating game.

hair_tomorrow

Reaction score
Hey - don't hate me because I'm beautiful.

person

Experienced Member
Reaction score
RaginDemon said:
so many lil girls here...I go to gym 5 times a week, I bet I outrun any of your self pro-claimed pretty boys in the dating game.

You can't beat me muscle head.