hairloss and body hair

Tallinn

Reaction score
My doctor told me, yesterday, that men that got more body air than the average (hair on the back, shoulder, etc...like me and I am only 21yo :x ) have more chance to suffer from hairloss because these hairs are activated by the Dht and that these hair were maintening the dht is the body highter than normal. So my question is, if I permanently remove (because in 2008-2009 we will be able to remove them forever from what I readed) my body hair, will my hairloss stop or atleast slowdown along with the use of propecia?

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
What?

Some people have reported a reduction in body hair when taking finasteride as a side effect, I for one have had no change in my body hair.

Tallinn

Reaction score
No, I mean can body hair stimulate the dht in your body? Sorry, I rarely write in english :(

hairsucks

Established Member
Reaction score
Body hair grows due to the affect of DHT in your body but would not affect your DHT level if you were to rid yourself from body hair, if that's what you mean?

The level of DHT in your body will not be affected by you reducing your body hair. It will make no difference unless this new method of reducing body hair uses medicine that reduces your DHT (but I doubt that)?

The Propecia will reduce your DHT.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

No one knows for sure the answer to your question, however it is most likely not going to efect DHT levels if you can permanently remove hair. Most agree the the hair is an effect of DHT and not a CAUSE of DHT, this is the key. Of course permanently removing body hair in men is next to impossible for those who have tons of it. I would like to see your source for the following:
because in 2008-2009 we will be able to remove them forever from what I readed
Laser hair removal really does not eliminate the hair but will lengthen the time between growth cycles and decrease the hair shaft diameter for men with lots of body hair. Electrolysis will permanently remove the hair but it takes many treatments and it will have to be continued as new follicles are stimulated.
Anyways, I was blessed with hair everywhere and though I do not like to praise finasteride or this effect because I am afraid that people will start to use it strictly to reduce body hair, but my body hair has drastically reduced since starting finasteride use. It appears some people have no change in body hair but I would like to see how much hair these individuals had to begin with. In my case, I'd go so far to say that my reduction is at least 50%.

tembo

Established Member
Reaction score
Questions

Johnny, where did you buy your finasteride from, is it original, how long did you take it (daily?) prior to seeing a reduction in body hair, do you masturbate/have sex just as often while on finasteride as before (or did your sex drive decline in tandem with body hair?).

Thanks.

hair today gone tomorrow

Reaction score
Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
No one knows for sure the answer to your question, however it is most likely not going to efect DHT levels if you can permanently remove hair. Most agree the the hair is an effect of DHT and not a CAUSE of DHT, this is the key. Of course permanently removing body hair in men is next to impossible for those who have tons of it. I would like to see your source for the following:

Anyways, I was blessed with hair everywhere and though I do not like to praise finasteride or this effect because I am afraid that people will start to use it strictly to reduce body hair, but my body hair has drastically reduced since starting finasteride use.

why would you say that....we cant even get dudes with HAIR LOSS to take finasteride
its like pulling teeth some people...they think they are taking rat poison

Kareltje

Reaction score

Johnny24601 said:
Laser hair removal really does not eliminate the hair but will lengthen the time between growth cycles and decrease the hair shaft diameter for men with lots of body hair. Electrolysis will permanently remove the hair but it takes many treatments and it will have to be continued as new follicles are stimulated.
Anyways, I was blessed with hair everywhere and though I do not like to praise finasteride or this effect because I am afraid that people will start to use it strictly to reduce body hair, but my body hair has drastically reduced since starting finasteride use. It appears some people have no change in body hair but I would like to see how much hair these individuals had to begin with. In my case, I'd go so far to say that my reduction is at least 50%.

This is mainly the reason why I am on finasteride, my hairline is slightly moving back, but if I can maintain the current state I'm ok with it (I always used to have the buzz look, so it's not like I cared too much about it). But I noticed that my body hair is increasing (no hair on my shoulders or anything yet, but just my arms and legs look like king kongs :) ). So I am hoping that it will decrease thanks to finasteride, only 3 weeks on it now though, so can't say anything about it yet.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

I take proscar cut into 1/5ths for about a year and 1/6ths for the last 1.5 years.
The body hair reduction was noticeable after about 8-10 months of use and hit a point after about 1.5 years where it has stabilized. I think it really depends on when you start finasteride as I began use just after the body hair really started to come in.
I do not recommend people taking finasteride for body hair because it is simply not prescribed for that use and frankly the reduction in body hair appears rare so it is not eeven worth the time, money and risk to take finasteride for body hair.
My sexual activities have not changed. I had some times early on in which I felt like I had a real libido decrease but I believe part of that was psychosomatic and/or simply my body adjusting to reduced DHT. I feel as horny as every today....

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

BTW, people have to understand that body hair tends to increase in men as they age so I think many people blame finasteride for a potential increase in body year when in reality they are just getting older and the hairs are just naturally popping up in new places.

RaginDemon

Reaction score

Johnny24601 said:
BTW, people have to understand that body hair tends to increase in men as they age so I think many people blame finasteride for a potential increase in body year when in reality they are just getting older and the hairs are just naturally popping up in new places.

Many have reported that finasteride actually reduced their body hair.

abcdefg

Reaction score
finasteride should in theory stop most body from coming in if taken before you get the body hair, but should not in most cases reverse body hair that has already grown in. In depends on your bodies sensitivity to androgens and science does not fully understand why body hair responds favorably to androgens while head hair doesnt like it much.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score
So my question is, if I permanently remove (because in 2008-2009 we will be able to remove them forever from what I readed) my body hair, will my hairloss stop or atleast slowdown along with the use of propecia?

is there something new coming in 2008-2009 for getting rid of hair??? Any links and info would be great because i too have some im wanting to get rid of.

Laser hair removal really does not eliminate the hair but will lengthen the time between growth cycles and decrease the hair shaft diameter for men with lots of body hair.

Actually it does eliminate actively growing hairs that the laser can target but follicles that havent kicked in can grow later in life. Hairs that are too light in color or too thin are hard to remove by laser and can possibly thicken up later on. That's why they promise hair reduction instead of removal.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

Quote:
Laser hair removal really does not eliminate the hair but will lengthen the time between growth cycles and decrease the hair shaft diameter for men with lots of body hair.

Actually it does eliminate actively growing hairs that the laser can target but follicles that havent kicked in can grow later in life. Hairs that are too light in color or too thin are hard to remove by laser and can possibly thicken up later on. That's why they promise hair reduction instead of removal.

It is sold as a product that can permanently remove body hair but it is simply not true in men no matter if the skin is light and the hair is dark. In some very rare cases men have gone through a huge number of laser sessions and essentially report almost total removal but it is rare and I have yet to see a documented per reviewed study concluding this. Believe me I have direct knowledge on this subject and I would only add that if this technology was permanently removing body hair from men then where are the guarantees? Why do you sign a page long disclaimer which basically states that they think this may help but we are not guaranteed squadoosh?
Laser hair removal is essentially a wax job on steroids. Don't believe me if you like, but I stand by my point of view.

DaSand

Established Member
Reaction score
I was considering lasers until I got Nair, it made my body hair thinner.

nervx, how have you been? It's been a while since you posted.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score

DaSand said:
I was considering lasers until I got Nair, it made my body hair thinner.

nervx, how have you been? It's been a while since you posted.

i've been good but busy which is why i dont post often but i still read up when i can. over a year on avodart alone now and im liking it better than finasteride. Can't really say if things have improved because i lost my pictures but i seem to be holding fast and have less side effects. Im going to start year two pics though.

i'm looking forward to intercytexs interim results in september. hopefully something new to talk about other than going bald. :p
I'm also interested in finding out what this new hair removal thing Tallinn mentions in 08-09 is. I have the money for hair removal but if something much better is on the near horizon i'll wait.

i use nair as well. Doesn't really work any better than shaving but it's cheaper than replacing fusion blades. made the mistake of melting my nipples off the first time though. :cry: took a month for them to heal.

Johnny24601 said:
It is sold as a product that can permanently remove body hair but it is simply not true in men no matter if the skin is light and the hair is dark. In some very rare cases men have gone through a huge number of laser sessions and essentially report almost total removal but it is rare and I have yet to see a documented per reviewed study concluding this. Believe me I have direct knowledge on this subject and I would only add that if this technology was permanently removing body hair from men then where are the guarantees? Why do you sign a page long disclaimer which basically states that they think this may help but we are not guaranteed squadoosh?
Laser hair removal is essentially a wax job on steroids. Don't believe me if you like, but I stand by my point of view.

You sign the waver because they cant remove all the hair. Like i said some hairs(like baby hairs/peach fuzz) are hard to impossible to remove via laser and some can grow later in life. You will never become a silky smooth 100% hairless freak. They can can guarantee hair reduction but not all hair removal and some places to offer free touch up sessions if you ever need them in the future.

I work with a guy that had his entire t-shirt area done. He's been hairless for 5 years beside some peach fuzz which is normal even for the naturally hairless.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

You sign the waver because they cant remove all the hair. Like i said some hairs(like baby hairs/peach fuzz) are hard to impossible to remove via laser and some can grow later in life. You will never become a silky smooth 100% hairless freak. They can can guarantee hair reduction but not all hair removal and some places to offer free touch up sessions if you ever need them in the future.

I work with a guy that had his entire t-shirt area done. He's been hairless for 5 years beside some peach fuzz which is normal even for the naturally hairless.

I bet he shaves his chest as well, which should not come as a shock for someone who got laser hair removal for chest hair.
A reduction in hair comes at a cost of well over $1,000. Again, I have yet to see evidence that a man with significant body hair can see anywhere close to permanent body hair removal from laser. Because women grow body hair that is weak and slow to grow, laser is a decent option. For men it is a scam IMO.

nervx

Established Member
Reaction score

Johnny24601 said:

I bet he shaves his chest as well, which should not come as a shock for someone who got laser hair removal for chest hair.
A reduction in hair comes at a cost of well over $1,000. Again, I have yet to see evidence that a man with significant body hair can see anywhere close to permanent body hair removal from laser. Because women grow body hair that is weak and slow to grow, laser is a decent option. For men it is a scam IMO.

He doesn't shave, if he did the peach fuzz like hairs would be gone too. Laser does exactly what it's advertised to do unless you go to a shitty clinic or have an inexperienced operator.

Kareltje

Reaction score
Hmm I've been on 0.5mg finasteride for a month now, and it seems like my hair got thinner on the front (never thought I was thinning or anything), and all of a sudden I've got some hairs on my chest?

Could it be that I'm shedding this fast? Cause I always thought the shedding period would come later, and might the chest hairs be like the shedding:

Shedding: they fall out, but come back thicker
chest hair: they grow out of nowhere, but will disappear later on

Or isn't this a possibility?

Maybe I'm making things up here, but my hair seems significantly thinner then before, and I never noticed any chest hair :).