Hairloss alone can turn you into a social loser

baldguy28

Established Member
Reaction score
How many people agree with this statement? I certainly think this is true. I'm 29 years old now, two years ago I was still having a fair amount of success with women, had no problem making friends etc. Now fast forward to now. Women won't give me the time of day anymore even though I'm the same guy (I've tried to walk around confident and say f*ck hairloss) and I notice that I get a lot of dirty looks now mainly from men. Also, when I say something like "how's it going man" I hear relatively condescending comments like "hey buddy" as if I'm not on their level anymore due to one flaw. I also notice that people no longer laugh at the jokes that they used to laugh hysterically at two years ago and now I just get weird looks when I tell them. I'm 5'9" and I have a hairline similar to Woody Harrelson despite going on propecia 2 years ago when I only had slight recession. It's almost as if people turn you into a social leper. At least that's what I've found if you are a white bald guy which is probably the worst thing to be.

Aplunk1

Reaction score
f*** them

You have a lot of respect from the people here on these forums.

If it's bothering you so much, have you considered a hair transplant?

baldguy28

Established Member
Reaction score
re:

The hairloss doesn't bother me as much as it seems to bother other people. You can only walk around with a "I don't give a crap what other people think of me" attitude for so long before being alone really starts to eat away at you. It's just amazing how your jokes are no longer funny, you're no longer considered cool etc over this only little stupid cosmetic thing.

Weepy

Established Member
Reaction score
Re: re:

baldguy28 said:
You can only walk around with a "I don't give a crap what other people think of me" attitude for so long before being alone really starts to eat away at you.

Beleve me, this part about being alone is totally true, even though my experience is not as long as yours.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

How the hell do you know what people think about you based on someone's tone when they say "hey buddy". What a joke.
Your perception on how others feel about you is based on how you feel about yourself in my opinion. You are just extending your own feelings onto others. Hairloss is certainly not a positive, but it is so low on the list of potential negatives. I am sorry, I once had the same poor self image when I realized I was balding and I wish someone would tell me to grow up and deal with it like a man, well, grow up and deal with it like a man. Maybe there are shallow woman out there who would seriously reject someone because of the amount of hair on their head. Would any person with a shred of dignity want to be with a woman who was so shallow? Regardless, being bald may just mean that one has to just put more effort into women or work on other aspects of their physical and emotional well being to make up for their balding head. My choice is to not allow society's warped vanity take over my life. I am doing what I can to save the hair I have because I like to style my fro, but I am not going to let a receeding hairline and thinning crown ruin my life. Why? Because I am not a coward.
Fact, if you had self esteem and were proud of who you are and the positive impact you make in others, hairloss or really any other purely cosmetic imperfection (i.e. a big *** nose, hairy back, bad teet etc.) would not bother you because you would know that you are the sh*t and anyone would be lucky to be with you. There are so so so many woman out there dying for a quality man in there life.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Well, Woody Allen has got this receeded hairline and baldspot and ugly face and skinny weird complexion and gorgeous jewish nose. Still, he managed to make a lot of people laugh and also he engaged with some nice girls.

I think people are ok with flaws and uglyness, just check your world around and yourself. Nobody got killed ever for being an ugly motherfucker. And, you know, people get killed for every reason around.

It´s evident that you can´t be a sex simbol looking like Woody Allen, as a potatos can´t fly.

Just put yourself in the place you belong, (and a little more below if possible), and you´ll be ok socially.

It can be hard to see how the tipical ladies-man gets all the attention, but that´s how nature goes, some are lucky and some others are born with an a**h** between the eyes. Stupid, cruel... I know, but you can´t fight it.

I think if you come in terms with yourself, there will be a place for you, and some friends in there.

camobear777

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey Bro I feel you. I have been thinking a lot about that as well lately but honestly if people have a problem with my male pattern baldness.
F em, plain and simple. This hair loss thing sux but I try now to make light out of it if someone asks. There are way to many insecure people out there and they are using there insecurities on people like us... pretty sad man, pretty sad.

hairwegoagain

Reaction score
I'm 33, probably balder than you, and will tell you that your assessment is total hogwash. Fix your head (not the hair part).

baldguy28 said:
How many people agree with this statement? I certainly think this is true. I'm 29 years old now, two years ago I was still having a fair amount of success with women, had no problem making friends etc. Now fast forward to now. Women won't give me the time of day anymore even though I'm the same guy (I've tried to walk around confident and say f*ck hairloss) and I notice that I get a lot of dirty looks now mainly from men. Also, when I say something like "how's it going man" I hear relatively condescending comments like "hey buddy" as if I'm not on their level anymore due to one flaw. I also notice that people no longer laugh at the jokes that they used to laugh hysterically at two years ago and now I just get weird looks when I tell them. I'm 5'9" and I have a hairline similar to Woody Harrelson despite going on propecia 2 years ago when I only had slight recession. It's almost as if people turn you into a social leper. At least that's what I've found if you are a white bald guy which is probably the worst thing to be.

bluntman

Reaction score
Re: re:

Johnny24601 said:
How the hell do you know what people think about you based on someone's tone when they say "hey buddy". What a joke.
Your perception on how others feel about you is based on how you feel about yourself in my opinion. You are just extending your own feelings onto others. Hairloss is certainly not a positive, but it is so low on the list of potential negatives. I am sorry, I once had the same poor self image when I realized I was balding and I wish someone would tell me to grow up and deal with it like a man, well, grow up and deal with it like a man. Maybe there are shallow woman out there who would seriously reject someone because of the amount of hair on their head. Would any person with a shred of dignity want to be with a woman who was so shallow? Regardless, being bald may just mean that one has to just put more effort into women or work on other aspects of their physical and emotional well being to make up for their balding head. My choice is to not allow society's warped vanity take over my life. I am doing what I can to save the hair I have because I like to style my fro, but I am not going to let a receeding hairline and thinning crown ruin my life. Why? Because I am not a coward.
Fact, if you had self esteem and were proud of who you are and the positive impact you make in others, hairloss or really any other purely cosmetic imperfection (i.e. a big *** nose, hairy back, bad teet etc.) would not bother you because you would know that you are the $#iT and anyone would be lucky to be with you. There are so so so many woman out there dying for a quality man in there life.

Preach my brotha

too bald too furious

Experienced Member
Reaction score
baldguy28 said:

are u gunner?

baldguy28

Established Member
Reaction score
Fact, if you had self esteem and were proud of who you are and the positive impact you make in others, hairloss or really any other purely cosmetic imperfection (i.e. a big *** nose, hairy back, bad teet etc.) would not bother you because you would know that you are the $#iT and anyone would be lucky to be with you. There are so so so many woman out there dying for a quality man in there life.

Ok whatever buddy. Maybe you're still pulling decent women which is why you have a better attitude and outlook but I'm not. You can walk around like you are the sh*t all you want but if you are still not having success with women for almost 2 years, then what? "Game" only goes so far, you need looks too or else you'll be placed right into the friend zone. Like I said, I try not to let this get me down and I still try to walk around with my shoulders back, looking people in the eye and walking with confidence. Also, are you 5'8" or are you taller? You can't compare hairloss to having a hairy back or bad teeth because those imperfections can be more easily fixed with a lot less hassle not to mention money. If you have a hairy back you can get waxed, if you have bad teeth there are several options out there that can correct that, if you have bad hair you're basically f*cked unless propecia or rogaine works well for you plus if you try a transplant there is a 50% chance that it won't work and if it doesn't, you're left with big *** scars on your head.

Johnny24601

Experienced Member
Reaction score
re:

"I still try to walk around with my shoulders back, looking people in the eye and walking with confidence. "
This is why you are so misguided and childish. It is not about any act or trying to give off a particular attitude, it is believing deep down in who you are and having that belief be strong enough that what other people "think" about you does not matter. This is what a quality woman wants from a man. In fact, in my experience, most woman can see through false confidence. It is also not about changing the shape of your nose or teeth it is about accepting who you are and understanding where you fit in and then having passion in whatever in life moves you. Instead of trying to figure out how to change what one looks like, why not accept your faults. I think you are too far gone and instead of questioning the world around you, you have just accepted the horribly vain trends in our society and are now part of the problem. I am not sure how old you are, but I think it comes with age and maturity. I am still very young, but I have experienced alot for my age and those experiences have empowered me to understand that physical traits are simply not too important. I do not deny it is hard being a young man in this society that seems to always be making us feel like we are not good enough. Maybe you believe that it is right to make people feel like if they have bad teeth, bad hair or an ugly nose that they should feel as if they should have to change those traits. I believe that these traits make human being unique and they are also traits that we (for the most part) have no control over so why is it that we feel like we need to change them instead of accepting them?

Deaner

Reaction score
How the hell is "hey buddy" condescending? I think you're too sensitive.

P.S. Sometimes you've gotta accept that you weren't born with the looks. This isn't intended to be mean in any way, shape, or form (considering I've never seen you) but maybe you need to lower your standards.

Bod

Reaction score
baldguy28 said:

Dude how much weed have you smoked, get a grip ROLF

Aplunk1

Reaction score
"Hair loss can turn you into a social loser"

I'm a social loser. Pretty much a depressed f*** now.

incubusor

Established Member
Reaction score
If the women you mention, are in fact giving you the shrug because of your hair loss - even if you had a full head of hair they are not the type of women you would want to have a serious relationship with anyway. I think your hair loss is not your biggest problem - you seem to be overthinking/analyzing things.

At age 29 shouldn't you have a good network of friends by now? What do they say about your hair loss?

And just how common are all these issues you've pointed out with women and other men? You've made it obvious that hair loss has really gotten to you, and in your current state - it makes sense for you to be over-dramatic about things.

Relax!!

global

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I also notice that people no longer laugh at the jokes that they used to laugh hysterically at two years ago and now I just get weird looks when I tell them.

Why not get some new jokes? If you've been telling the same ones for two years I'm not surprised no one laughs anymore.