Hairline Turned A Little White After Cleanup

Fanjeera

Reaction score
So I did my usual front hairline cleanup after washing and conditioning by wiping with isopropyl alcohol and the next morning I discover this: some parts of the hairline or lace have turned white. It's not the whole lace netting -- the netting contour doesn't show luckily, but it probably still follows the lace.

3 pics:https://imgur.com/a/XYiaE

Any idea what this could be, how to avoid it next time and how to get rid of this now?

Noah

Reaction score
The usual reason for this happening is that you sweated heavily while the glue was curing - the first 3 or 4 hours after it was applied usually. Unfortunately there is no way to fix it - you have to flip back the hairline and re-do it. Bummer.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
The usual reason for this happening is that you sweated heavily while the glue was curing - the first 3 or 4 hours after it was applied usually. Unfortunately there is no way to fix it - you have to flip back the hairline and re-do it. Bummer.
i didn't do any applying though. i just wiped the hairline with isopropyl alcohol while all of the system was stuck down. does it also get as uncured after this procedure?

thank you!

Noah

Reaction score
I don't think it can get "uncured". But I assume the glue turns white because at a microscopic level there are water molecules or air bubbles in the glue or between the glue and your scalp, killing the glue's normal transparency. It seems that you rubbing the attachment with alcohol has had that effect. I'm not sure why. All I can tell you is that it won't correct itself - you will have to re-do your hairline.