hairline receding on right side only

jumpan2k

Reaction score
The right side of my front hairline has receded about a centimeter and is continuing to get worse. It has taken about 6-8 months to get to this point. The left side still looks perfect. Is this normal? I thought both sides were supposed to recede. Any ideas? Thanks

Aplunk1

Reaction score
Rogaine and 5% spironolactone cream-- make sure you're still using Propecia.

You should get it back easily if you lost it in the last few months.

urban

Reaction score
jumpan2k said:
The right side of my front hairline has receded about a centimeter and is continuing to get worse. It has taken about 6-8 months to get to this point. The left side still looks perfect. Is this normal? I thought both sides were supposed to recede. Any ideas? Thanks
In time both sides should even out. My right side receeded much more than my left when male pattern baldness first became apparent.

Solo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is said this difference in temple recession is caused by the circular/spiral growing pattern of hair above the head.

It grows in spirals from the cowlick, generally righthanded spirals, so the recession looks more evident in the right side of the head, because of the growth orientation of hair.

I don´t know if I have explained myself, but good ol´Gardener have a default response fabricated for this question he should have repeated like #3000# times in this forum. It was more or less what I told. Isn´t it, Gard??