Hairline receded then stopped? What is going on?

Ufz-h

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello. I found that about 4 years ago, my hairline receded from a kid’s hairline to what is shown in the photos. This change happened rapidly within 3-4 months I’d say.

It seems that after these few months, it stopped, and then has been the same ever since. These photos are 3 years apart (the first set is from 3 years ago), different lighting obviously but not really a change in hairline. What is going on and why did this happen?

Thanks.

Attachments

• IMG_8267.jpeg
    IMG_8267.jpeg
    41.6 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_8266.jpeg
    IMG_8266.jpeg
    36.7 KB · Views: 37
  • IMG_8265.jpeg
    IMG_8265.jpeg
    145.2 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_8264.jpeg
    IMG_8264.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 37

ninarosshairtherapy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There are a couple of possible reasons why your hairline receded quickly and then plateaued. Here are the most common causes of receding hairlines:
  • Genetics (androgenic alopecia): This is the most common cause of hair loss in men, and it can also affect women. It's caused by a sensitivity to hormones like DHT, which shortens the hair growth cycle and shrinks follicles over time. This can lead to a receding hairline or a general thinning of hair. Genetics plays a big role in who gets this, and sometimes it can appear suddenly.
  • Stress: Severe stress can trigger a temporary form of hair loss called telogen effluvium. This can cause hair to fall out more than usual, and it might look like a receding hairline. Telogen effluvium typically resolves itself within 6 months of the stressful event.
  • Medical conditions: Certain medical conditions, like thyroid problems, iron deficiency, or scalp infections, can also cause hair loss.
  • Medications: Some medications can have hair loss as a side effect.
Here's what to do next:
  • See a dermatologist: A dermatologist can examine your scalp, discuss your family history, and run some tests to determine the cause of your hair loss. They can recommend treatment options based on the cause.
  • Consider lifestyle changes: If stress might be a factor, there are things you can do to manage stress, like exercise, meditation, or getting enough sleep. You can also make sure you're eating a healthy diet to ensure you're getting the nutrients your hair needs to grow.
Even though your hairline seems to have stabilized, it's still a good idea to see a dermatologist to get a diagnosis and discuss treatment options if you'd like to explore ways to potentially regrow hair or slow further loss.