Hairline lowering,to reduce large forehead ( obviously off putting )

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello guys, I was wondering if I go to the best in the world, pay the big bucks and get my hairline lowered, and top of sideburns/temples reshaped What it be possible to do about a 1 inch reduction ( from the middle, but obviously temples will have to go down as well ) in size with a natural look? Obviously you can see my right temple needs more work it's about a half inch difference from the left. The good thing is I have crazy thick hair, ridiculous amount of Donor hairs at the back.i'd also like the Z or P shape to my sideburns. Anyways let me know, what you guys think...

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    446.9 KB · Views: 1,501
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    971.1 KB · Views: 1,396
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    323.8 KB · Views: 2,165

GoldenMane

My Regimen
Reaction score
Wouldn't be a good idea, you should get your temple points restored, that will make your forehead see less wide. I see miniturisation in your hairline and your temple points are gone so that means early-ish stage male pattern baldness, you don't know what the future holds so hairline lowering would be reckless.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
But can it be done effectively? my hair is wet in these, I strongly believe in effective maintenance treatment specially with the stuff being worked on

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hello guys, I was wondering if I go to the best in the world, pay the big bucks and get my hairline lowered, and top of sideburns/temples reshaped What it be possible to do about a 1 inch reduction ( from the middle, but obviously temples will have to go down as well ) in size with a natural look? Obviously you can see my right temple needs more work it's about a half inch difference from the left. The good thing is I have crazy thick hair, ridiculous amount of Donor hairs at the back.i'd also like the Z or P shape to my sideburns. Anyways let me know, what you guys think...

What happens if you lose more hair behind it? What if the treatments don't work for you, just like they don't work for so many others? What is you get Telogen Effluvium from the surgery and rapidly lose a lot of hair, which is also quite common.... I don't think your forehead is too big imo. It looks proportional to your face. What you're thinking of doing is very, very risky, imo and I don't believe many good, ethical doctors would be willing to take you on. If you had maintained on finasteride for years, then perhaps a conservative lowering, like a half inch, medium density and restoring temple points would be considerable.

shookwun

Reaction score
outdated and innefective. Don't you think if it was considered a viable solution all the best in the world would advertise it.

my as well get yourself some fleming flaps while you're at it.

Hairline lowering is viable for women.....in certain situations.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
outdated and innefective. Don't you think if it was considered a viable solution all the best in the world would advertise it.

Can you please explain? I understand why the very invasive forehead reduction surgery where they basically peel A piece of your skin off and graft it back together is outdated and very dangerous, but why can't hair transplants lower your hairline?

- - - Updated - - -

What happens if you lose more hair behind it? What if the treatments don't work for you, just like they don't work for so many others? What is you get Telogen Effluvium from the surgery and rapidly lose a lot of hair, which is also quite common.... I don't think your forehead is too big imo. It looks proportional to your face. What you're thinking of doing is very, very risky, imo and I don't believe many good, ethical doctors would be willing to take you on. If you had maintained on finasteride for years, then perhaps a conservative lowering, like a half inch, medium density and restoring temple points would be considerable.
Get comfortable with a completely bald look,The treatments coming out in the next 5-10 years are completely different and are going to be more effective then all the ones attempted in the past 40.in order to get approved they'll have to surpass The already approved treatments or at least replicate it with less side effects. From everything I've seen they are at least able to do that. It's no different than spinal cord injury, it's on the way of being treated , With numerous groundbreaking clinical trials being done in actual humans right now. But still the supposed "veterans" of the disability all say yeah I've seen the stuff again and again in my years it's not gonna happen, yet they're ignorant self is comparing functional electrostimulation stimulation/ at best donated embryonic stem cells to today's autologous neural stem cells!! Absolutely idiotic comparison!! I'm not referring to you in anyway, just that things are changing very much and are not comparable to the past

- - - Updated - - -

https://newhair.com/galleries/hairline-photos/#mg

A few of those look all right, my hair is much more into intact that any of those guys! To be honest man even the best of the best hair transplant surgeons you never hear about them,with any kind of procedure; not like hair loss is uncommon! Honestly who are the very best Hair transplant surgeons?

shookwun

Reaction score
who said a hair transplant can't lower your hairline?

if you want it lowered it's possible, but you would need to be evaluated by a surgeon in order to figure out what's best.

Most won't lower your hairline. Where your natural forelock is, that's where they will make the hairline.

Reaction score
To lower it an inch is insane, but perhaps if you're maintaining well on meds and your genetics aren't too agressive you could lower maybe half an inch, max. Though I'm just speculating, don't know what (legit) surgeons would say.

ck_ld

Reaction score
To lower it an inch is insane, but perhaps if you're maintaining well on meds and your genetics aren't too agressive you could lower maybe half an inch, max. Though I'm just speculating, don't know what (legit) surgeons would say.

I think the same.
If I were you, I would wait 6-8 years with the hair transplant to see how is going the baldness.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Your hair looks great, don't get surgery. What you're asking about seems trivial. Asymmetrical hairline is totally normal, and doesn't warrant surgery. Tomorrow, somebody else will come along and ask how he can fix his too-symmetrical hair transplant. Don't get cosmetic surgery for trivial reasons, IMO. Nothing beats having an untampered scalp.

things are changing very much and are not comparable to the past

That's what they always say.

shookwun

Reaction score
the only surgery I would recommend is getting your temple points done with a bit of hairline closure. It will greatly improve your frontal, and profile appearance.

Aside from that it's unnecessary, everything else. Hair is fine, maintain with medication.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
Get comfortable with a completely bald look,The treatments coming out in the next 5-10 years are completely different and are going to be more effective then all the ones attempted in the past 40.

Please stop posting this type of stuff. For the past 500 years we have a heard a baldness cure is 5 years away yet it never appears.

One only has to look at the billions and billions of dollars thrown at breast cancer research alone yet we are no closer to a cure than we were 50 years ago.

Greybeer

Established Member
Reaction score
At worst, those pictures show a Norwood 1 hairline. It's hard to tell from the pictures. General rule of thumb is as follows:

Chin -> nostrils = top of nose -> hairline.

That's the problem my chin to nostrils is exactly 2.5, nostrils to centre of my eyes again is exactly 2.5. But the top of my nose to my hairline is 3.5!

- - - Updated - - -

Please stop posting this type of stuff. For the past 500 years we have a heard a baldness cure is 5 years away yet it never appears.

One only has to look at the billions and billions of dollars thrown at breast cancer research alone yet we are no closer to a cure than we were 50 years ago.

Well as someone that actually has a serious health condition that truly ruins your life, I can assure you that we have gone leaps and bounds in cellular research, genetic research is no longer in its infancy (in time that will be what will actually cures hair loss completely, 50 years minimal because it will be used to treat more severe conditions and when the technology is readily available some small company will jump on it for hair loss) but by that time there will already be a a "treatment" for hair loss, we are already seeing the start.