Hairline Lowering Procedure

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, I'm Joey's sister - he suggested that I post up on here as I'm considering having a hairline lowering procedure.

I'm a 23 year old girl and have a genetically high forehead, which I want to reduce. My initial thought was to get a hair transplant but I was told by a trichologist that hair surgeons wouldn't operate on someone who already has a lot of hair?

I then came across this website http://www.kabaker.com which seems to offer exactly what I want and is very informative regarding the procedure and how it weighs up against hair transplantation. There doesn't seem to be much else on the web about this procedure which comes from a neutral source (most articles appear to quote Dr.Kabaker or have some connection to him). I would be travelling from the UK to the US to have this performed, so would like some more info before I commit!

Can anyone advise on this guy's credentials and also the relative merits of this procedure vs. other procedures such as FUE's ....

Cheers!

Jess

haggis

Reaction score
do you have any pictures? would be easier to give you an opinion. my first thought though is dont do it! lots of people have high a forehead but look fine.

s.a.f

Reaction score
If you do decide to go ahead with this then dont go to this place go to a well known Doctor with a good reputation and proven results. However you may struggle to find one who will want to perform surgery on you.

joeylloyd

Established Member
Reaction score
Based on the information presented at his site here:

http://www.kabaker.com/hairline-lowering-questions.php

Does anyone know much about the techniques used to compare and contrast it with FUE or FUT given I am not going to suffer from male pattern baldness being a girl?

This is something I am determined to go ahead and do as it will help me with modelling work so am inetrested in receiving constructive opinions on th ebest approach given my situation rather than people encouraging me it is not required etc:)

haggis

Reaction score
whatever you decide to do dont go to an unknown dr. or any dr in the UK. Ive just looked at that website you have seen and it has words like "Micro-grafting" and "flap surgery" and i notice they do all other cosmetic surgery to, to say its not a good sign is an understatement! :freaked2: stay well away.

Hans Gruber

Reaction score
definitely do not go to to this place

if you are dead set on having this kind of procedure then contact alvi armani,dr rahal ,hasson and wong or dr feller

in my opinion these are the top docs in the business (there a few others) and if you can get them to perform surgery on you then from one of these docs youll get an excellent result :)

G

Hi Joey's sister!

Please do much more research before making this decision--- designing the female hairline takes skill and artistry, in addition to consistent results.

The docs mentioned in this thread are all top notch--- (however, I cannot recall any female patients from Armani)

Just make sure you really look around-- and please do not ever consider any brow lifts/scalp reduction surgeries.

Take Care,
Jason

haggis

Reaction score
the B spot said:
Hi Joey's sister!

designing the female hairline takes skill and artistry, in addition to consistent results.

It must be harder to transplant a natural looking female hairline, as they seem to have much more finer hairs in the hairline than men from what ive seen.

G

Female%20Temporal%20Recssion.JPG

Well, you can see here it what it looks like-- I believe this young lady was 11-12 months post-op, so she still has some softening to do, but when you look at the before, then after, you see the difference.

I hope this helps you out!

Take Care,
Jason

s.a.f

Reaction score
Am I the only one who thinks she looked better before? :freaked: Certainly more natural and soft looking hairline pre op.

metalheaddude

Reaction score
I agree SAF she does look better pre op. It looks more natural. Hardly a big forehead. Besides, a large forehead in women is a sign of beauty. Small boxed foreheads are more desirable on men. I thought women who wanted a lower forehead recieved an incision in there frontal hair region and the skin brought together consequently lowering the hairline? The only reason men can't get this is because we continue to bald. So hair transplants seem a strange option for a women to me.

Hmm but i wonder If i could do something like that for my temples? Suppose i run a risk of hair behind it continuing to recead...ugh its all so complicated! :dunno:

KielMcK

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I do not think you should consider the surgery unless your forehead looks completely ridiculous.

I have worked with many models who get alot of their jobs resulting from their unique facial symetrics.

Most models have larger foreheads. Surgery like this may ruin what makes you "you".

Go to a few modeling agencies and see what they say.

If you need help finding an agency or would like my opinion, private message me.