Hairline Glue Problems: Not Curing, Stacks Tacky

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve been wearing hair, lace system, for almost 2 months now. I‘ve tried Walker Safe Grip, Walker Ultrahold, and Ghost Bond Platinum for the hairline, but results are same. The adhesive never seems to cure completely and is always gooey. My skin is oily and I sweat a lot. I’ve used scalp prep and No Sweat. Always wait 24 hours before getting hairline wet. Any suggestions? Thanks

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
How are you applying the glue? It needs to be in the thinnest of layers as possible, and completely dry before adding the next. For a hairline you can do as many as four layers.

You can use a blow dryer on low heat to help it cure faster, and it's actually standard procedure for Walkers ultra-hold.

David1776

My Regimen
Reaction score
With the white glues, I put glue on my finger and spread evenly, let dry until clear before next layer, after 4th coat I let dry for 10 minutes before pressing lace into glue. Also, running air conditioner to drop temperature to 65 degrees F. For clear, I use a small brush to apply and use hair dryer on low heat in between coats. I’m wondering if I’m applying the glue too thick. I’m purchasing the glues from a reputable supplier and not purchasing from eBay or Amazon, so I don’t believe it’s a problem with the glue. I’ll try some test spots on my arm when I get hone tonight to see if I can get the glues to cure there. Thanks.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
With the white glues, I put glue on my finger and spread evenly, let dry until clear before next layer, after 4th coat I let dry for 10 minutes before pressing lace into glue. Also, running air conditioner to drop temperature to 65 degrees F. For clear, I use a small brush to apply and use hair dryer on low heat in between coats. I’m wondering if I’m applying the glue too thick. I’m purchasing the glues from a reputable supplier and not purchasing from eBay or Amazon, so I don’t believe it’s a problem with the glue. I’ll try some test spots on my arm when I get hone tonight to see if I can get the glues to cure there. Thanks.

I think a brush will get you a smoother layer. Make sure the layers are thin. It hould only take a couple of drops of the GhostBond to make one layer, for example.