Hairline FUE transplants

jd_uk

Reaction score
I've recently been researching hairline transplants and have looked at a lot of Dr Ferudini's work.

One thing I have wondered is with these dense transplants going in, what are people going to do when their hair loss progresses?

I read one Dr saying that having the hairline corners transplanted via FUE wouldn't leave a bad look if the hair loss did progress but i'm not so sure. It could leave a 'horned' look?

I'd personally be very interested my corners done by FUE as they have remained the same for a 4-5 years now (I am 31). But only if it possible to transplant in a way (low density perhaps?) so that it doesn't look too bad when my hair loss progresses. As things stand i have a bit of a forelock but want to have more of a hairline...even if it is a conservativw one rather than being completely straight.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
All good questions. A worst case scenario is a young guy who gets aggressive hairline work, then his hair loss advances to a high degree. Guys can get stuck with an unnatural appearance.

In my opinion, overall, if there's any way to avoid or postpone surgery, then you should go that route. If you can live with your temples as they are, then do that for as long as possible. Nobody else cares about your hair. Be cautious with surgery.

I have no comment regarding low density grafting into the hairline. Would low density accomplish the final look you hope for? On a side note, remember that even "dense" grafting doesn't match the density of your original hair.

It seems like you understand the importance of conserving your donor hair for the future, which is very good to see.

jd_uk

Reaction score
Hmm. i have very fine hair anyway so I do wonder what density i would need so that it doesn't look like a balding area with straggly hairs. Really i would just love to have a small hair transplant to fill some (not all) of the lost area at the temples/corners...i.e. a more conservative hairline than i once had, jut enough to round the hairline off rather than the indentations which I have now. But I just keep wondering hiw it is possible for anyone to have this sort of hair transplant without it looking bad when their forelock goes or when they recede beyone the temples. Seems like an option of having hair and being condident in my 30's but risk looking stupid (and being outred for having had a hair transplant) later.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
If I'm not mistaken, you can create an 'illusion of coverage' with approximately 50% of the original density. Every guy has different hair characteristics - to get specific, what you'd want to do is measure the density of hair in the "safe" zone, and use that as a reference. (Someone correct me if I'm wrong about percentages). If your hair is fine caliber, that is not ideal (coarse hair provides more coverage than fine hair.)

Your concerns are on target, and one of the key questions that guys must come to terms with (supply vs demand, long term progression, etc). Very few guys can get one surgery, and be satisfied and done with hair transplant forever. Has that ever happened? I guess so - but that's not the usual scenario. It's more common to run out of donor supply, money, or patience, and that's when guys decide they're finished with surgery. If you get a hair transplant, that usually means you are committed to getting at least some additional surgery in the future. If you're prepared for that, then that's a point in favor of going forward.

I'm not saying that you couldn't be happy with a hair transplant - I have no idea - maybe it would achieve the things you want. I often caution guys to be careful, so take that into consideration when weighing my comments. Other guys here might very well encourage you to go for it. But your concerns are valid.

pranit

Reaction score
Hair loss is very big problem in this generation. Many people’s are tensed their hair loss problem.
How to control hair loss? One of the most important solutions of hair loss is hair transplantation technique. There is successful technique. In this technique the growth factors are separated from blood and re-injected into the transplanted area giving extremely great results for hair growth. It is an advanced technique which is stitch less and painless. FUE is very successful technique. FUE is a part of hair transplantation technique.

xapato

Reaction score
If you get a hair transplant around 40, shouldn't it be easy to plan so that you just need one more surgery down the road, or maybe two if you live a very long time?

follicle2001

Established Member
Reaction score
This is just my opinion, but I think that these frontal/forehead dense packing sessions are a real double edged sword. I see a lot of people getting this done and it makes me worry about what will happen later on. People who do this look great now and probably for the next few years, but when they progress (and they very likely WILL progress!) you are left with a very unnatural look. Furthermore, as you age it will be hard to fill in all the real estate behind the frontal area in a way that looks natural and normal.

Wolff

Reaction score
Sensible advice in this thread! If you would feel OK with postponing a transplant -then postpone it.
jd_uk - it is definitely possible to transplant with a low density and that could be an option.

follicle2001 : "This is just my opinion, but I think that these frontal/forehead dense packing sessions are a real double edged sword. I see a lot of people getting this done and it makes me worry about what will happen later on. People who do this look great now and probably for the next few years, but when they progress (and they very likely WILL progress!) you are left with a very unnatural look."

This is a valid concern. However, if you're left with high density in front and nothing or little behind you have a few options:
1. Use a hairpiece behind the transplant. If done right it will look very good.
2. Go bald and shave off the transplanted hair.
3. If dark haired/white skinned and shaved area looks different to naturally bald area, complement with SMP. (Not sure how that would look)
4. Kill either some or all of the transplanted follicles with laser.

Perhaps there are other options as well?

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score

This is a valid concern. However, if you're left with high density in front and nothing or little behind you have a few options:
1. Use a hairpiece behind the transplant. If done right it will look very good.
2. Go bald and shave off the transplanted hair.
3. If dark haired/white skinned and shaved area looks different to naturally bald area, complement with SMP. (Not sure how that would look)
4. Kill either some or all of the transplanted follicles with laser.

Perhaps there are other options as well?

Not to argue with you (your post is pretty sensible). But if you laser off (or shave) the hair, what about the scarred surface of the scalp? Hair transplants are skin grafts (which happen to contain a hair follicle). They change the surface of the scalp. Yes, you can have the hair removed, or shave it. But that doesn't do anything to even out the surface texture of the scalp, which was permanently changed by thousands of skin grafts. Reversing that situation is less than ideal. An uneven surface texture is very hard to fix, and won't look perfect. Many reversal efforts will have limited success.