Hairline destroyed by overuse of Nizoral?

M8R-y644n4

Reaction score
I could find only a few studies related to ketoconazole and hair loss.
Some are of them were funded by Johnson and Johnson and from the same authors.
I'm really doubt it. :(

nick_17

Reaction score
If you stop you will most likely see if it was due to the Nizoral usage or not. But it is a shame that it takes so long time before the results are shown. People usually do not have the patience to wait a couple of months, instead jump from treatment to treatment.

park3662

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using generic nizoral for a scalp dermatitis issue, and 4 months later i started freaking out convinced i was having hair loss. I realized the hairloss was a product of the nizoral and it may have not even been hairloss, it might have just been giving my hair the appearance of being thin. I stopped using it a week and a half ago and my hair has already improved.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on fence about Keto 2% I had a lot of shedding when on it weekly (3x a week)..i stopped using it and then recently used it a few times and i am shedding again.

I do like Regenepu dr keto 1/% it makes hair look thick and i don't shed from it.

Im on other stuff minoxidil and some topicals so its always hard to know what is causing shedding.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Over washing your hair (daily washing) is just bad for your hair.

It will make your hair look TEMPORARILY thinner, although over shampooing won't cause
permanent damage, it can dry your scalp oils.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im on fence about Keto 2% I had a lot of shedding when on it weekly (3x a week)..i stopped using it and then recently used it a few times and i am shedding again.

I do like Regenepu dr keto 1/% it makes hair look thick and i don't shed from it.

Im on other stuff minoxidil and some topicals so its always hard to know what is causing shedding.

There really isn't much proof with 2%.

And actually, only the prescription strength amount has been shown to have any benefits.

Would never say Nizerol is as helpful as Finasteride or Minoxidil. There's really only a "big two", for now.

Until something better comes along. I won't hold my breath for something, or I'll be dead.

hairblues

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
There really isn't much proof with 2%.

And actually, only the prescription strength amount has been shown to have any benefits.

Would never say Nizerol is as helpful as Finasteride or Minoxidil. There's really only a "big two", for now.

Until something better comes along. I won't hold my breath for something, or I'll be dead.

2% is the prescription

I don't love it.

I like Regenepur DR but its' not just keto in it, its other stuff and i just like it cosmetically to be honest.

park3662

My Regimen
Reaction score
You guys should try nofap, i heard that helps with both serb dermatitis and hairloss.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
2% is the prescription

I don't love it.

I like Regenepur DR but its' not just keto in it, its other stuff and i just like it cosmetically to be honest.

Currently I use prescription medication for my hair. It really has helped grow it back.

Don't know if you have this issue, because you're a woman, and they lose their hair later than
we do (I started going bald at 20).

For me, it seems that hair that has been dead over ten years isn't growing back. On the other hand, most
of my hair loss started in my twenties.

My biggest regret is that I only used Minoxidil on my hair, and not Finasteride, in my twenties.

park3662

My Regimen
Reaction score
Currently I use prescription medication for my hair. It really has helped grow it back.

Don't know if you have this issue, because you're a woman, and they lose their hair later than
we do (I started going bald at 20).

For me, it seems that hair that has been dead over ten years isn't growing back. On the other hand, most
of my hair loss started in my twenties.

My biggest regret is that I only used Minoxidil on my hair, and not Finasteride, in my twenties.

Should i start using Finasteride? I've hardly started thinning. I'm 27.

jo123456789

My Regimen
Reaction score
I use the 1% for dandruff. It clears it up in a week. Not sure I would use it continally, it does dry out hair. I haven't noticed any increased shedding when using it.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Man you guys using nizoral really need to be using a good conditioner afterwards, otherwise yeah, it's going to f*****g destroy your hair texture lol

And I wouldn't use it more than 2-3x a week. I use 1% every 2 days myself

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
That depends on you. If you're OK about it, then you shouldn't take it.

If you seriously want to keep the hair you have, you should.

Lot's of people are afraid of the side effects. Although I believe they are real,
you can always microdose to start with.

Should i start using Finasteride? I've hardly started thinning. I'm 27.

Versplinteren

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Man you guys using nizoral really need to be using a good conditioner afterwards, otherwise yeah, it's going to f*****g destroy your hair texture lol

What do you recommend for conditioner?

LusciousLadyLocks

My Regimen
Reaction score
After 2 years of hair loss, I got some regrowth on Nizoral ALONE. So have several of my friends with age-related female thinning. With minoxidil in the mix, massive regrowth. No more rodent-sized hair balls--down to losing under 10 hairs a day. (And with my length of hair, you CAN count every hair, as I wear it up all day.) I used to stop up the plumbing monthly.

SmoothSailing

My Regimen
Reaction score

This. I use the 2% every 3 days for the past 8 months. I leave conditioner in for 5 minutes after the nizoral, if I ever skip doing this my hair is very dry afterwards which can last for days. So I always use conditioner afterwards, and always leave it in for at least 3 minutes.

I also use minoxidil, and when I first ran out of nizoral I stopped using it for a few weeks. My head became unbearably itchy and so I consider it absolutely essential.

I certainly believe it has hair growth benefits in those that can handle it.

Hair growth in mice.

Japanese study showing growth in men with Androgenetic Alopecia.

Another study showing growth in men.

Similar growth potential to minoxidil.

Nizoral on top of finasteride works better than finasteride alone.

MrPortugal

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This. I use the 2% every 3 days for the past 8 months. I leave conditioner in for 5 minutes after the nizoral, if I ever skip doing this my hair is very dry afterwards which can last for days. So I always use conditioner afterwards, and always leave it in for at least 3 minutes.

I also use minoxidil, and when I first ran out of nizoral I stopped using it for a few weeks. My head became unbearably itchy and so I consider it absolutely essential.

I certainly believe it has hair growth benefits in those that can handle it.

Hair growth in mice.

Japanese study showing growth in men with Androgenetic Alopecia.

Another study showing growth in men.

Similar growth potential to minoxidil.

Nizoral on top of finasteride works better than finasteride alone.
I saw your regime and I want to know if this help your hairloss.