Hairline Contour Printable Template

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to start working on my custom hairpiece template as I’m on my Thursday hairpiece and I now understand a lot of what I really want in a hairpiece.

I’ve watched several videos about how to create a template, but I want a certain hairline contour not only for looks but to make it easier for me to tape it.

So does anyone know of a contour chart that I can print out to line up and trace around while I’m making my template?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I want to start working on my custom hairpiece template as I’m on my Thursday hairpiece and I now understand a lot of what I really want in a hairpiece.

I’ve watched several videos about how to create a template, but I want a certain hairline contour not only for looks but to make it easier for me to tape it.

So does anyone know of a contour chart that I can print out to line up and trace around while I’m making my template?

Don't say I never did anything for you... LOL

So, the only thing... Walker MAY mix some of their letters, just be aware of this. The printout is supposedly 1:1, so if you print without shrinking or enlarging, it should be a perfect match.
Contours-Tape-Guide-RemovedActualSize.png

Steve

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome. I think I came across that somewhere but it looked small, more of a reference than something usable. I’ll try to print it out and see.

What do you mean mix their letters? Say I use that template and decide on CC then there’s a possibility that I can order CC tape from Walker also and it won’t be the same?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair direct has a printable contour template as part of their "gather" info gathering app.

I tried using it and lost patience...

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Awesome. I think I came across that somewhere but it looked small, more of a reference than something usable. I’ll try to print it out and see.

What do you mean mix their letters? Say I use that template and decide on CC then there’s a possibility that I can order CC tape from Walker also and it won’t be the same?

I have used this... it's also from the catalog... and it IS actual size.

Hair Direct was selling Walker's "C" contour, but labeling it an "A", they don't even show a "C" option. I am not sure if that is the only one.

I wrote HD, and they said "it's industry standard"... I wrote to Walker, they kindly told me to "f*** off".

Steve

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So I was placing an order at HD and was looking for some C contour tape and noticed they didn’t have anything and then remembered BaldBearded you mentioned something about having an issue with them so I emailed them. Here is their response:

C and A Contour are almost identical to each other. So we carry A and CC. So if you are looking for an C Contour we recommend that you order an A. We hope this information is helpful to you.

What?! According to that chart you attached C and A are nowhere close to each other. Cc and A are close, but not C. I am so confused.

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Already received a follow up from them. Here is the response.

“Thank you for your email. We apologize but we do not go by that guide. Please see attachment below.”

I thought it was my understanding that most stock units come with a C contour?

Attachments

• 0381D52B-D40A-4524-8FD8-58093AEE8B35.jpeg
    0381D52B-D40A-4524-8FD8-58093AEE8B35.jpeg
    88.6 KB · Views: 64

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
hair direct have their own definition of contours, which is a confusion tactic to get customer buy from them.. walker tape and any other tape manufacturer use the correct hair line contour letters.

so a A contour for most suppliers is a B for hairdirect...

and a AA contour for most is a D for hairdirect... WTF... newcomers are already so confused , they don't need that s**t

Attachments

• walker.png
    walker.png
    5.8 KB · Views: 48

JMC

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So moral of the story is just don’t buy tape from them?

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So moral of the story is just don’t buy tape from them?
I am not suggesting that...just be aware of their lettering scheme and that it differs from all others.

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
hair direct have their own definition of contours, which is a confusion tactic to get customer buy from them.. walker tape and any other tape manufacturer use the correct hair line contour letters.

so a A contour for most suppliers is a B for hairdirect...

and a AA contour for most is a D for hairdirect... WTF... newcomers are already so confused , they don't need that s**t

I contacted them about it, and got, basically, "a f*** you this is how we do it".