Hairline beginning to diffuse? 22 years old with no hair loss/thinning elsewhere

biddybomb

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Shedding hair is normal, not just that you don't even seem to have signs of being a diffuse thinner. You're being paranoid, your hair looks fine, and losing that many hairs isn't an issue. Every single person loses hair, we all shed, its the fact that the hair normally grows back that makes a difference.

I don't see any density loss, all I see is in your new photos are a different hairstyle, and some clumping going on due to the use of your product. Not just that seeing some scalp where your crown is located is normal. It's good to be proactive when combating hair loss, but I think you're just being paranoid. Keep monitoring it, but in my opinion you're fine.
this, ur pictures suck but even then I can tell you are stressing over nothing really. Could there be some very slow recession/thinning going on? Maybe, we just can't tell you and likely will never be able to tell you no matter how good ur pictures are because of just how good ur hairline and density is. You need to realise the majority of men DO have the hairloss gene, some express it very fast, some takes a lifetime to do so. It might seem like a shock at first that you realize you potentially have the gene, but the longer you get into this thing, the more years under ur belt stressing about ur hair you will get to an age where you realise all this worry is a goddamn waste of time and that even if you have slight gradual recession it is practically not even balding when u compare it to the situation of others who bald out in just a few short years.

I don't think you are balding at all, I am just saying, if you are losing hair it is happening at such a slow process you will likely never have to face the dilemmas a lot of us here actually have to, aka being slick bald. Just keep and eye on it.

surfthewave

Reaction score
Shedding hair is normal, not just that you don't even seem to have signs of being a diffuse thinner. You're being paranoid, your hair looks fine, and losing that many hairs isn't an issue. Every single person loses hair, we all shed, its the fact that the hair normally grows back that makes a difference.

I don't see any density loss, all I see is in your new photos are a different hairstyle, and some clumping going on due to the use of your product. Not just that seeing some scalp where your crown is located is normal. It's good to be proactive when combating hair loss, but I think you're just being paranoid. Keep monitoring it, but in my opinion you're fine.
There's no product in my hair in any of the new photos,
There is a visible density difference between my forelock and the sides/back of my head

Derpicus

Established Member
Reaction score
There's no product in my hair in any of the new photos,
There is a visible density difference between my forelock and the sides/back of my head

Okay, so you have no product in and you still have great hair then. I mean you have a natural undercut going on with still great density. I'm not seeing any difference in density on your sides/back of your head the only thing that I can see that you would be concerned about is your forelock but in my opinion you had that in your first set of photos it just wasn't as prominent due to you pulling back your hair, but when you let the hair fluff up it makes it look visually worse. But that's just my opinion. If you want an honestly good assessment it's a good idea to take photos when the hair is near the same length, same angles, same lighting, as well as pulling the hair the same way, or by not pulling the hair.

But as of now I still I stand by first comment that I think you're being paranoid, and that your density is fine. If you honestly are worried about certain sections in your hair look into minoxidil you can apply it topically with a liquid or a foam and it promotes hair growth, its something you have to use for life or you lose your results, but it may help with what you're concerned about. Since I don't think you are diffuse thinning and based on your temples they look great. I don't think you need to hop on finasteride yet and who knows maybe you don't even have the balding gene in you since some people can reach 60 years old and still have a good head of hair. Only time will tell, regardless be proud of your hair, you honestly good some really good hair if you can sport a undercut with no product in.

Last edited: